|Reviews for Dragon Drive|
| R. Ficst chapter 19 . 9/20/2014
It's great that James is beginning to emotionally care for Obane, and appreciate his kindness, and experience some true attraction. It's great that Obane makes sure to ask for consent each time now.
But I just feel grossed out that there's all this niceness by moving past the initial wrongdoing, accepting the current situation, and acting on current actions, knowledge, and emotions. The past action was never dealt with, never resolved. It disgusts me that as much as Obane genuinely cares for James and their egg, he still does not understand what James went through, and how he played a part in something very wrong.
| R. Ficst chapter 15 . 9/19/2014
In regard to your author's note, I would like to share some thoughts on the subject.
1. I appreciate that you do not condone rape, do not wish to romanticize rape, and feel it is a horrible and disgusting, violating act. Thank you, sincerely, for this stance. There are many people who do not understand this much.
2. I believe you are wrong when you state that James only thinks that he has been raped - implying that you believe he was not.
Yes. James was raped. It does not matter if his body took physical pleasure. It does not matter that his body was physically or instinctually accepting, or responsive. His mind was horrified, violated, humiliated, shamed, and forced through the act without his consent.
Consider various rape drugs. A person may be partially or completely unconscious, or fully conscious, but with limited or no control over their body. Physical arousal can be forced. In a drugged state, the person might even feel that they enjoy the experience, not knowing the full reality of the situation, and only later understand what was done to them. Rape comes in many forms. James did not consent to the sex. His mind actively rebelled, but he did not have control over his body. He was raped.
3. The one thing that can have more complexity is Obane's guilt as a rapist. It could be argued that as a dragon, he saw another dragon, who gave all the dragon communications indicating consent, and followed through.
4. However, in this situation, one would think that someone along the way would realize that James was not ready or consenting for sex, let alone even the acceptance of his identity of a dragon, let alone a female dragon. "Allowing" him to escape, arranging for him to meet Obane, with all dragon parties pretty much knowing where that would lead, was inexcusable and wrong. They may not have seen it that way, but that does not waive the wrongness of the situation that they created.
5. So far I have been carried along in the story by the interesting worldbuilding and writing. I have enjoyed the fact that you displayed both mindsets, where James clearly knew right from wrong, even up to his wanting revenge, but not wanting to become a killer, and the dragons might pity his situation, but don't see where they are just plain wrong. I had assumed that gradually he would help the others see the truth. I'm not saying I need forgiveness, or condemnation, the plot could go in so many different directions. But, for me as a reader to properly begin to like Obane and a few of the other dragons, they would need not to just care for James, but to properly realize exactly what they did wrong, acknowledge both why it is wrong and that it is wrong. Yes, they had no Intention of wrongdoing, and as they did things, did not realize it was wrong, but it can't just be swept away on gradually building feelings, caring, and good intentions. They have to see and fully understand, and feel guilt. Maybe sure they then accept that they cannot change the past, and move on, vowing to to better, but it cannot just be forgotten without ever being clearly understood.
| spcecse7 chapter 27 . 8/1/2014
Oh thank god you scared me a bit when u said thx for sticking to the end. I so hope the story continues for awhile and yay I can't wait to read about Julie : )
| A Round of Artificiality chapter 27 . 6/13/2014
I loved the ending so much but I missed Obane's reaction. He's the dad so his reaction has to be included T_T
Anyways, now I'm completely sure you're a Supernatural fan. Hehehehe. A clan of dragons gathered around TV watching Supernatural? The irony. Like demons watching the show, or shifters XD So. Funny.
I'm so happy with the ending but because I'm a spoiled brat, I'm still hoping for an epilog, just a little something with Orae and her parents. I was squealing when the egg hatched. That was so overwhelmingly adorable. Kudos for finishing this story but I do agree it needs a continuation in some form. Julian is still out there so yikes.
| A Round of Artificiality chapter 25 . 6/12/2014
Oh, my God. I had a panic attack at the part where James and Obane were at this weird place with the Mother and I literally had to stop reading just to get my shit together. I was surprised myself at how much I cared about those two (and the baby, ofc) and I was like, "No, no, no, no. You can't kill Obane off, author-lady." XD
When you mentioned in one of your author comments that this was no love story, I panicked. I thought I was reading a romance and at that point, James's relationship with Obane was pretty cool and bleh so I was worried that that was how it would remain. But now I understand what you meant better. There's the romance aspect but it's handled so well, so subtly-camouflaged in all the things that are going around (the pregnancy, the deaths, Rian, Julian) that it's a pleasant surprise when we do notice it. All along, their relationship has been growing and they've come a long way from where they started but that's not what this story is all about.
I'm really enjoying the mythology, the world-building, and the characters themselves and how 3-dimensional everything is.
So yeah, awesome story. I'm strongly hoping for Obane to pull through (he *has* to, I'm not willing to consider any alternatives in my head) and I would love to see James, Obane, and the baby be a family together.
P.S. Since you mentioned Supernatural in particular, I'll assume you're a fan. Fan, meet another fan. I have a love/hate relationship with the show, but only because the writers are absolutely insane sometimes (and I say this with all the fondness in the world). They've killed my babies so many times so I could never forgive them for all the heart/panic attacks I've suffered through the show :P Hehehe
| Guest chapter 3 . 5/27/2014
Well this story went from mildly interesting to plainly creepy. Rape much! And between animals nonetheless. You should have given a warning at least at the beginning of the chapter. And I’m not sure I want continue reading this unless James is going to kill this black dragon and not start having romantic feelings for him.
| PET chapter 3 . 4/19/2014
You didn't tell us it'd be dragon sex. I'm not a fan of seeing animals having sex. Just ew!
| lostlamb chapter 27 . 4/20/2014
Sad to hear there isn't a sequel but still the story was beautiful. I love that ending. I can't believe it's over though.
| Michiyo Nakashima chapter 27 . 4/20/2014
THAT WAS A REALLY SWEET AND CUTE ENDING! 3 I started tearing up c:
I just AHHH I need more but Ive got ideas Ive written down to doodle
I just UGH THAT WAS ADORABLE. And the. With Roume and Obane, and JAMES YOU NEED TO STOP BEING CUTE!
Very sad to see it end, but happy(and relieved) that noone else died and I KNEW IT. I CALLED IT DANTE AND ROUME AHHHHH
Also, you know what's be even funnier than a bunch of dragons watching Supernatural? A bunch of dragons watching Game of Thrones. :))
Also, a side note, I guess you haven't updated your profile on here to say where your twitter is? unless it doesn't display on mobile?
| marginal-utility chapter 27 . 4/19/2014
Amazing writing. Great description of the birthing.
We didn't see Obane's reaction after the hatching?!
Feeling sad that Roume lost the clan leadership, but happy that Obane is staying with them for good.
| piggypot23 chapter 26 . 4/18/2014
This is so good! Please continue, I love this story so much. You did a great job!
| lostlamb chapter 26 . 3/23/2014
Freakin beautiful. I can't stop crying. Ahhhh. Update soon this just doesn't feel like the end.
| Guest chapter 3 . 3/20/2014
Please continue! dying to see what happens next!
| Michiyo Nakashima chapter 26 . 3/16/2014
Asdfghjkl I feel like a butt for taking so long to review.
Obane and James need to stop being adorable. My heart is going to burst, they're too cute.
I actually just noticed that something about this chapter felt a little...off? It may have been pacing, but otherwise, a nice way to brig down the action after such a...nerve wracking event. I am tempted to bug you about writing a short fic or oneshot with James and Obane trying to be a domestic family with thier lovely little dragon baby who I'm calling it now: will be a girl. It's a feeling.
Hope you update soon(or when you can)
| Guest chapter 3 . 3/13/2014
Please please new chapter! loving this story!