Reviews for Archangels
Emme019 chapter 22 . 7/28/2013
Seriously?! I haven't read this story for so long and now that I'm finally reading everything, you end with a freaking cliffhanger?!

Now, I promised you a proper review so here it is:
I'm going to be very honest with you because we know each other well enough to be honest so don't get pissed if you don't like the review okay? Now, before I start reading it, or if I get an email when you updated this story, I don't always feel like reading it right away. I honestly don't know why I'm not excited because once I'm reading it, I genuinely enjoy it. It's really (really!) good and I almost hate myself for not being enthusiastic when you update because it so deserves my enthusiasm! I like the way you build up the suspense, the way every character is a real character and not just a type (if that makes sense) and the description of landscapes etc. It's all JUST enough, you know? I mean, there's not too much of one thing and too less of another.
The aspect I like most is the dialogue. I LOVE dialogue which is why I always like reading your fics/stories, because they're full of dialogues. Loose is definitely my favourite but Aden and Evie are very funny characters as well.

So, all in all, I'd say: keep up the good work! You're doing great!
ALittleDarkandALotConfusing chapter 2 . 7/1/2013
I've just started this story and it's really interesting!
TheWomanWhoCodesAndWrites chapter 22 . 6/30/2013
The Town Hall exploded? Far out! Didn't see that coming.

Had I not known that Anya was with the fellow high-damages near the gates, I would suspect her. But it seemed like someone else...

Right, so Hayley knew Loose from before. And Aden was mad because Loose didn't mention who could potentially be Hadleigh The Elder before.

And Meic was a Cambrian. And Hunter's fiancee was a mediator. And Loose was being loose (as in 'loose screws' and 'loose in popular meanings').

And you have to be ultra-fit when you live in Paradise in case of drills. And things were awkward because Aden knew Loose slept with Hunter yet couldn't just call it off in front of Jennifer.

What a chapter!

PS: I love Evie's calmness though :)
vickifay chapter 21 . 6/23/2013
Hehe I take back my previous review. Looks like Hunter was willing to bend the rules- and a few other things- for Loose ;) Why am I not surprised. The next day should be interesting, if they have to fight.
vickifay chapter 20 . 6/23/2013
Sorry for the late reads, but we're moving out of state so it's hard to get to a computer :S

It looks like it'll be tougher for Loose to hook up here than she thought, haha. Guess she can kiss a good night's sleep goodbye :P I'm glad we know what Blaine's gift is now, too. Since he sets stuff on fire sometimes, maybe that's why he was acting so odd around her. Can he tell that she destroys things with her touch, too?

As for Hayley, I don't think she's told us everything, still. Hadleigh's brother is bound to be around here somewhere.
TheWomanWhoCodesAndWrites chapter 21 . 6/23/2013
Second chapter in a few days! You made me happy yay :D

I loved the harvest scene with those apples falling into the baskets on their backs. That would be one epic scene in the series/movie. Oh, and Blaine - he was being such a depressed pain, wasn't he? Glad that Aden played firm with him. I understood his paranoia though, so I also felt a bit sad for him, but glad that he went down for that pot pie. Reading about it made me yearn for dinner at 5:30 AM.

Loose's poor roommate! Stained jeans, Loose in the room with an engaged man engaging in unspeakable activities (I imagine the compound would refer to the deed as something like that :P), people think she was insane (well perhaps she was, but they all seemed scared of her and it might not have helped her at all). Poor Aden too, her innocent eyes were now forever tainted. And to think she would be in his unit going to the Cambrian border the next day... that was so much luck.

And Loose... oh gosh, didn't she live up to her name? I loved how she 'rebelled' against the compound's ridiculous rules though, that was very much needed.

Looking forward to see more (hopefully clothed) Hunter and what would happen in the drill.
TheWomanWhoCodesAndWrites chapter 20 . 6/20/2013
Poor Evie! Would've done the same had I been in that exercise group, it sounded pretty brutal :p.

Love Loose and her crazy obvious flirting with Hunter at the start. "You stand, I deliver" - I nearly lose it right then and there! The warrior kids from the house, too, were awesome. Blaine setting fire on the curtain, Hayley got all defensive about Art being in her room... That was crazy but awesome.

Hmm, I have the feeling that the boy Hayley talked about was indeed Hadleigh the elder who'd turned into a real jerk for some reason. I'll wait and see what would happen though :)
vickifay chapter 19 . 6/5/2013
Ooh, looks like they've got a lead on Hadleigh's brother! I wonder where he could be. And was he really turned intno an Angel when they took him? Hmm. Now I really want some eggs, but without cheese, haha. Better go check the fridge :P Oh and sorry for the late read on my end, but I've got finals this week, since we're still in school here -_-
ShanelleSpanton chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
This sounds brilliant, I can literally picture myself reading this in paperback, I've read a few chapters and I believe you are a brilliant writer. I'll definitely finish reading this soon, but I have no doubt the remaining chapters I have left to read are just as brilliant as the ones I've finished, great work.
TheWomanWhoCodesAndWrites chapter 19 . 6/2/2013
Oh, my, my. Waking up on Monday morning, preparing to drag myself out of bed and crawl my way to work, and then, hey, presto! New chapter for Archangels! You've successfully brightened up my Monday here :).

Interesting revelations about the 'perfect' compound (the drills, why Hunter held exercises class, and the backstory of some of the new characters). Must say Hayley's background story (the one involving Rose and Hadleigh The Elder) really intrigue me. Good hook there :).

Had a bit of a laugh around Anya, the puffy dress, the girly gloves, and the exploding egg. That one is a really interesting character - a happy, girly cook who makes things explode!

Glad that Aden finally figured out what sets off her electric powers. Now, she could have her showers in peace (pun intended here :P).

This chapter has a more casual, calm feel than the previous ones. It's definitely building up for some more interesting things, though. Sitting tight here waiting for what's going to happen next :).
vickifay chapter 18 . 5/31/2013
Well, since Loose obviously isn't getting any "strenuous activity" as a rebound girl, maybe she can find some with that buff guy. I though that was funny that even Aden was drooling over him, since she doesn't usually do that kind of thing xD

Still don't trust Blaine though. He's a bit /too/ quiet around the others, and I'm sure it's not just because he's got a crush on Aden. Is it?

I wonder if we'll be seeing Hadleigh's brother anytime soon. I bet he was with the group that got out, and he's either changed so much they don't recognize him, or he's not in the camp. We'll see.
TheWomanWhoCodesAndWrites chapter 18 . 5/26/2013
So happy to see this updated I sneaked to the break room at work to read XD. Great chapter, you raised so many questions in my head already. Now, this is unusual for me, but may I just say I love all of your characters? It's just like... they were all believable. Memorable, but believable. As in, everyone had motivations and backstories.

Looking forward to see where Hadleigh the elder went...
phantom130 5 chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
Great chapter. From the start I loved the whole Rapture Flu idea and I'm happy (at least story wise) to see it affect the main character's life more, even though it's sad that it's her father. :(
Also kind of got a laugh at the start of the chapter when Aiden was teasing her friend about being in love with a girl. I always tease my friends the same way XD
vickifay chapter 17 . 5/23/2013
Hmm, what an interesting new place! Though Loose is bound to get kicked out anytime now...xD I don't trust Blaine, though. He seems just a bit /too/ eager to show Aden around and have her meet everyone. I don't know if it's just because he wants to get in her pants or what O_o I'm not surprised Loose brought it up, it was bound to come out sooner or later :P She's still my favorite character :D

Sorry for the late read, but I've had exams all week. I'm done now though _
TheWomanWhoCodesAndWrites chapter 17 . 5/19/2013
Whoa, there were a lot of concepts to grasp here... Interesting chapter though. Aoife and her little perfect community freaked the heck out of me. Loose was awesome like usual, I love her! Ooh... and is that a love interest I see for Aden? I kind of like Blaine already:)
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »