Reviews for Sound The Drums
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is such an honest piece, it left me gobsmacked. I can't help but relate this poem, mainly, to musicians in general. How life is so simple but they're talent/gift/career (whatever you want to call it) is able to make us feel such a range of emotions and yet they can't cope with 'the fame' and it can lead to them losing their life. It's weird, I was just thinking the other day whether musicians that take drugs do it because it gives them the feeling they're use to feeling on the stage and so they want to recreate it all the time because that's when they're happy. It's just a thought which this poem makes me contemplate further. I do like the last thought though, mentioned in the last stanza, it would be nice to hear them sing again at some point - in the afterlife. A beautiful and not to mention thought provoking piece. I loved it, in all it's magnificent imagery.
tolerate chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
It's like this poem doesn't have any secret or hidden meaning behind it. It's all shown and written in the poem, so we don't have to think what it is that you're trying to say. I think that's good, and it's so you to write like this. It's your style. In the second stanza, [To sing for mortal's ears again] should just be [To sing for mortal ears again]. I love the ending. It gives hope. Great poem!