Reviews for Elemental Warriors: Volume One
some1eleven chapter 18 . 1/16
When three women talk, the result is a kashimashi (squabble). You've got to love Japanese proverbs at times like that :3 And Toru, um... You sure it's not a Brazilian TV drama? It sure sounds like you're in one XD
some1eleven chapter 8 . 1/12
The City of Peace... That description was just so good to rea As much as I enjoy the work as a whole, this chapter gave the whole story a new breath. We learn so much from it - not just about the city itself, but about the whole world. The history of the town tells us so much about the relations between humans, half-breeds and full-bloods, and the fact that the city is so special tells us even more. The part about the politics between the city and its human neighbours was delightful, too. Out of sudden, the affairs of the pack are not just a simple mission anymore; they're now a part of a bigger picture. There's a whole big world in the background, and what they're doing both results from and affects this world u

At the same time, it reminded me many questions that I had while reading the story so far. EW gives a feeling that there's a strong idea and background behind it, but at the same time, it's never elaborated on. We get to see some things when they're shown, like the elemental types, but a lot of the very basic stuff is a mystery. What are the Inukonjou? What about half-breeds, how come they're all canine? Are Inukonjou all canines, as well? While we're at it, what are Elemental Warriors and how are they different from the 'regular' half-breeds? Is it the name of the society, or are all who can draw their elemental weapons called Elemental Warriors? While we're at it, how do the Elemental Weapons work? Can they only be used by half-breeds, or do the full-bloods have access to them, too? What about the Marks?

I've been pondering all these things while reading the first chapters, hoping that sooner or later I'll read a little more about them. A lot of the fantasy writers have what I call the Tolkien problem: So much world-building that it completely drowns the plot. Elemental Warriors avoid this almost too well: We learn so little about things that aren't directly related to Pack 17 :) While I still like it a *lot* better that way (too much world-building can kill any book dead), I think adding just a little extra info here and there would help the story a lot. Not too much, literally one or two sentences every now and then, so that they build a little bigger picture. Pack 17 is illustrated really well, but it'd be nice to find out more about the world they're living in :3

Kana... orz -w-; Way to go pushing the plot forward by doing something stupid. Then again, it gives you some interesting role in the plot '3
some1eleven chapter 1 . 1/7
So many Japanese words first thing in the evening. Can I have a dictionary, please? X3
The first chapter was short and sweet, a very decent introduction into the story. I already love your dialogue to bits; writing that sort of dignified speech is often a real trap, but you carry it out perfectly. You've got to love how many cues your characters carry across without losing any grace of speech :)

The Japanese words in the text were... confusing, to say the least. I'm afraid I didn't undetstand a word out of the description of these clothes 'x] I understand keeping to the Japanese flavour, but frankly, I couldn't build any image of the character because there were so many words I didn't get. I'm not sure if that's what you were aiming for ':)

The chapter itself is a pretty good proof that you don't need explosive action to throw a good hook. There's so little happening, and it still manages to drae the reader in OuO I'm particularily curious about the small girl. Is she the protagonist in her youth? Or a major plot significant character? Off to the next chaptets with me to check! u
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 17 . 12/21/2014
Kana :) the old dog is learning lol
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 15 . 12/21/2014
Lol toru really is a ladies man
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 33 . 12/22/2014
Aww.. Go toru !
But, I like Ophelia better than those 3 sisters. Humph..
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 14 . 12/21/2014
pff.. hahahaahahah toru and losing his mojo!
why did mojojojo come to mind lol :D
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 13 . 12/12/2014
Poor miko. No it was needed for Kana to grow. :) lol seriously, that so wring..lol ..I gently put you in my mouth. Lol, now I see what you meant lol
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 5 . 12/9/2014
Didn't sign in, but it's me, pink
Oh, mm...I might be overlooking, but is tour and Ophelia a cannon couple?
So don't like the master mind guy. :) but cool
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 7 . 12/10/2014
Lol poor kana..he needs hugs. Lol..Isamu ruined his moment of watching hug heart warm moments lol, 'should we hug too?'
Lol
Multiverse chapter 4 . 12/5/2014
Were finally back!

We just now noticed that all your characters have such AWESOME names. Toru, Ophelia, Naomi...So epic.

You seem to have done your homework on actual Japanese folklore, not just Anime in general. That sort of gives this story a certain sense of purity, if that makes any sense. Very commendable.

Please keep up the good work and we will be sure to drop you more reviews soon!

P.S. Sorry for taking so long with return reviews. We were out of the country on business and just recently returned home.

R4R PLEASE!
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 3 . 12/5/2014
Whack..haha well, kana sure got the message. But it good he got a liniment ( oops wrong word) but I mean less harsh punishment and alive :)
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 2 . 12/5/2014
Totally feels...kana :( sad, was a little put out by harumi strictness but understandable now :)
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Interesting, going to read on. :D
Kouki chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Alright, so this is already straight up incredible; I have to say that this is some of the better present tense writing I've seen on the site so far, it flows so well and the dialog feels so natural.

I see no failings in your grammar or writing style, you use a great amount of description that leaves me with a good image of the story and the characters; you have only just introduced everything but none of it felt like an info dump while still leaving me with a good grasp of the world you've set up.

This is only the prologue but I have to say, I'm hooked on this story, this perfect introduction has only left me with the best of expectations..

Amazing job!