Reviews for Ramshackle Man
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is certainly another of your strong pieces, it almost reminds me of Lady Lazarus by Sylvia Plath. She conveyed a speaker who had that sense of strength, in this piece, and how she kept come backing even from the dead, much like this Ramshackle Man. Stunning piece and I'm glad that you expanded upon your haiku because this is a great piece; good things start of small. Superb as always.
tolerate chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Wow. This being all Haikus makes it even more amazing. Oh god, that last line was just tremendously good. It left such an impression and impact. I liked the line: "Claim my beating heart, Take it without touching me" and well, all of the words are wisely chosen. If your poem was a person, I'd say it was strong, confident and fearless, damaged but not broken. I love the rhymes and yet another line: "I will rise from settled dust". The imagery is beautiful, and almost all of it are about graveyards, rebuilding and deconstructing, and it was dark but it wasn't the lonely kind of dark. It was the calm anger kind of dark. In other words, this was a fantastic piece of work. Keep up the good work!
True Talker chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Reading this makes me sad, makes me think and I don't want anyone to be alone.