Reviews for Pass Me The Yellow Pages
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is such a clever piece, how the speaker's 'walls' are personified and the list of workers who need to protect and build up the walls. I like this poem because it's just a clever and thought provoking piece, definitely got my thought juices flowing. Just going back to the personification for a second, it makes me think of a castle, how they made sure their outer wall was well built to protect from enemies, it's almost like we do that as people. I can't help but wonder whether it's a good thing though to build up walls, I understand that it can protect you and I also get that people do it out of hurt, but what if it shuts out everything good from reaching that speaker or letting the speaker be able to let go of things (good and bad) in a healthy way. Definitely an interesting and thought provoking piece!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
wow. this is some powerful imagery- especially how it slowly progresses from the building of a house to something more guarded and protected like Fort Knox. It makes one wonder what could have hurt and broekn you so much that you'd want to shut everything out.
great job:)