Reviews for Hadrian's Wall, Pt 2
True Talker chapter 54 . 5/1/2013
Reading this too did quite literally make me think.
True Talker chapter 53 . 5/1/2013
Reading this did quite literally make me think.
True Talker chapter 51 . 4/26/2013
I had enjoyed reading what the pearl had looked like. Why? It was nice to read because it was something found and even if it wasn't worth anything he didn't want to get rid of it and I like that. I had found the part with there being a dragon after him swallowing the pearl to be interesting. Thank you for sharing this.
True Talker chapter 52 . 4/26/2013
Reading this makes me think. I found it interesting how the horse didn't go anywhere. The thought of that is sweet.
Complex Variable chapter 50 . 4/24/2013
I just realized something hilarious. There's this Czech kid who sits behind me in my International Conflict Resolution course. He's unabashedly conservative; not rudely so, but, enough to say that he opposes the idea of the UN or of "world citizenship"—the notion that we are all "citizens" of this earth, rather than simply members of disjoint, uncooperative nation-states.

In other words, he's kind of a jerk. XD
True Talker chapter 50 . 4/24/2013
I am interested in reading this. And I will tell you that you are beyond a great writer. Why do I say that? Because I can picture everything that you writing about.
True Talker chapter 49 . 4/24/2013
Reading this made me think.
Complex Variable chapter 44 . 4/21/2013
I know this isn't supposed to be about me, but, I can't help but feel weird about it. xD Fiction with characters that have my name kinda makes me feel weird—not intolerably so—but, "fiction" (or whatever this is) written by people who KNOW my name, using characters with my name... now that's quite weird, don't you think? xD
True Talker chapter 44 . 4/19/2013
This makes me think.
True Talker chapter 45 . 4/19/2013
When one turns on the radio and when one turns on the news regardless of this being a different country - one hears the reports of things going on there. I had heard on the radio today about a couple with a baby - they were not that far away from what had happened the gun shots and the explosions. When I had heard that underneath the blanket was a baby I had cried. And I thought - I am glad that nothing had happened to them. I mean it wasn't nothing as I am certain that they were in shock and terrified. As they were barefoot and in pajamas. However I am glad that they weren't harmed during this and I am glad that they were picked up and taken away from it. Really.

I can ONLY imagine what it is like to go through this. The feeling of being terrified and the feeling of not really knowing what is going on.

When I read this. I want to say. If you need to talk I am here just PM me. Really. How could I read this and not offer that. Really.
True Talker chapter 43 . 4/17/2013
Reading this did make me think.
Complex Variable chapter 41 . 4/15/2013
This kind of tragedy has been happening far too often in recent years.

You wrote this well, all things considering. The opening and closing passages are especially brilliant.

I'll never understand people. Honestly.
True Talker chapter 39 . 4/14/2013
Reading this makes me think.
True Talker chapter 40 . 4/14/2013
There is NO way that I can read this and NOT ask this. If you need to talk - Please PM me because things that I read above SERIOUSLY makes me concerned. SERIOUSLY.
Complex Variable chapter 33 . 4/7/2013
Have you seen "Nuremberg: It's Lessons for Today"? I have. It's incredible.

It was a film made by the OSS during the actual trial itself. It was supposed to be released to the American public in 1946, but, political debacles stopped that from happening. Among other things, the Cold War had just started, and the film showed the USA working with the USSR in prosecuting the Nazis.

Just a few years ago, the film was aired at one of my local art-festival-type movie theaters (there's certainly an advantage to living a few miles from the heart of the movie industry x3), I saw it. One of the lead restorees, the daughter of the original director was there, and she gave a speech and everything.

Le web link:
: / / w w w . . The fact is that the Nuremberg Trials did something unique in military history: they established that there existed conditions whereupon the age-old excuse of "I was just following orders" no longer constituted a valid justification for action. Several American military officers at the trial actually defended some of the Nazis, not because they agreed with what they had done, but because they held the immunities of a soldier from being prosecuted for his actions to be sacrosanct. I mean, just think about it: it's virtually impossible to maintain an organized, obedient military if each individual soldier is legally responsible for his or her own actions. Historically, the reason why War is not "illegal" is because the murder/killing that occurs is sanctioned by the authority of the state (or whatever entity is serving in that capacity). By establishing the notion of "crimes against humanity"—one of the Trial's many groundbreaking innovations—the Nuremberg Trials dealt a death blow to the old Right of Conquest, whereupon to the victor went the spoils.
62 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »