Reviews for Where is God
nightfoot92 chapter 2 . 7/24/2013
So there, that is my opinion. My purpose in life, is to help advance humanity into a new age. Leave this bigotry against gays alone you Christians, stop the anti gay rights
Protests. You guys already shut down the cloning projects with sheep because " only god can create life", do we have to listen to your protests against the hadron collider to, that helps us research new and undiscovered matter because only god can know? Religion is holding us back from great achievements, both scientific and cultural. I work to improve our conditions as a species, I am an astrophysicist for NASA, and I hope that one day this outdated cultural phenomenon will fade into mythology to be studied and dissected. The only evidence for inteligent creation is simply how organized the universe is, but i can assure you, that it is not the christian god, for be does not exist and cannot exist within the very definition of his being. I hope that you will join us in moving the world forward, not backwards. If you have any questions,
Please PM me. And as a preemptive rebuttal to something that I know that Christians are going to say, I am not a possessed person, merely a rational human being (unlike most of you religious gay-hating bigots).
nightfoot92 chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
I'm going to share a truth with you, a truth that I've known since I was 11. God is dead. The truth is sometimes harsh, but I'll take harsh truth over comforting lies anyday. The people who believe in religion are either morons or cowards, unable to face the scientific truths that once they die, they die for good, gone. First of all, I can't disprove of a negative with unknown properties, but I can disprove a negative with known properties. It's the same thing as "I can fly, but only when you are not looking. Remember, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence," that's basically the argument that all Christians use against atheism. But would you believe in a 2000 year old book that says that there is a magic man in the sky, or would you believe the evidence and science of the modern world. There is a reason that 98% of all the scientists and engineers believe in evolution. There are always exceptions to the rule, but they are rare. And god CANNOT exist because he is supposed to be perfect. And if something is perfect, nothing can be added or detracted. So, when god created the universe, he added something to something that cannot be added to. That is impossible. But, for the sake of argument, lets pretend that he did create something. He creates man, his perfect creation, and man sins. Now hang on a minute. An entity that is perfect, created another thing that was perfect, that does something imperfect? Impossible. Imperfect cannot comprehend perfect and likewise, so god could not have created imperfect because he wouldn't know what it was. Also, if god knows all, why did he create lucifer? He knew when he did that that he was creating sin, creating hell, and damming his creations to hell and imperfection. And yet he did it anyway! He is punishing man kinds finite transgressions with infinite punishment, and yet he says we should forgive your brother 70 times 7 times (forever) WTF! If god did exist he would be imperfect and evil, because he is god, he is responsible for every single death in human history because he knowingly created evil and has the power to stop it, but he doesn't, that makes him the worlds greatest serial killer. How about that time when the Israelites slaughtered the midianites down to the last man women and innocent child (except young virgins, who they captured against their will and raped with gods approval) just because they were in the way if the Israelites and god said to. Check out these following scriptures in the NLT, they will prove my point, and dont read on bible gateway, they purposely change the scripture to make it not seem evil: judges 21: 10-24, numbers 31: 7-18 Deuteronomy 20: 10-14, judges 5: 30 NAB, Exodus 21: 7-11 Zechariah 14: 1-2 NAB. Yup god sure is merciful and cares about you. Lets talk about gods views on rape and sexism. Deuteronomy 22: 28-29 NLT states that " if a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, must then pay 50 pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the woman because he violated her, and he wi never be allowed to divorce her." This shows that god approves rape and is sexist. It encourages rape because instead of having to pay money and court females or sell their daughters to get married, who could just get free wives by raping young virgins in the streets and getting caught in the act. He can get multiple wives because in different parts of the bible it both condemns and approves polygamy. But back in the old days, polygamy was accepted. And it's sexist because the woman gets no say in the matter even though she was the one violated. What type of sick god is that. So, which would you rather trust, modern science with tangible evidence and proof with logical well thought out explanations, or a 2000 year old book that tells about an evil, imperfect god that everyone lies about and says is perfect and compassionate and contradicts itself so much. It's like being told when you are young that a magic man makes the water in a faucet run. But when you get older and learn that it is machinery, and still believe that there is a little magic man that makes the machine run. If he were real, I would gladly knowingly and happily spend an enter its in hell rather than get down on bended knee and worship him for eternity. Yeah, I know the truth is harsh, but is truth not better than lies?
Ciaccona Amora chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
It certainly is good to put all your feelings out there - much better than keeping them inside. God is One Who invites us to doubt, because in doubting, if we hold on to our faith in Him, He will reveal to us His plan. Bad things happen because we live in a world that has fallen, and His timing is not our own. I hope you hold on to your faith so He can show you what He's doing :)

- Ciaccona Amora
MethodlessMadness chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
He might let you bend, but He won't let you break. It will feel like you are dying, but healing is there. It will feel like you are walking alone, but in reality, you are being carried. The life of a Christian ain't easy, let me tell you that. Nowhere in the Bible does it say, "Now that you're saved, you will have no problems in life." The term "saved" applies to the spiritual, not the physical. While you are on earth, you will experience challenges and tests to your faith. But I will tell you one thing - everything will work out for the best in His master plan. If that means that you might have to go through some hard things, maybe God's telling you something. Maybe these emotions that have driven you to write this poem are opening a door for witnesses. Things might get tough. But know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be full and complete, not lacking anything (James 1:3-4).

I hope I have helped. God bless.
Viking Berserker chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
If there is truly one certainty in this life, it is that god is there. Even the strongest people of faith have doubts, I have had plenty, it is a natural thing. God loves all because we are his children and he a True parent, and any True parent will never stop loving his children. People have a nasty habit of twisting what god says for their own liking, and that only serves to drive others away from the truth. As far as the women thing goes, some of the greatest leaders in biblical times where women, so any one that tells you that women of strength don't achieve salvation through the death of jesus are treading on some dangerous territory.
I am sorry if you are going through hard times right now but know that you will be in my prayers, and i beg of you do not lose hope or faith, because god is out there, he is with you even now, and he loves you with all of his heart.
WarriorArnelle chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
God is always here, always there when we need him. I know how it feels to believe otherwise, though. There was a period of time in my life- not that long ago, actually- when I firmly believed that God didn't hear me, or just plain didn't care. I thought that I wasn't pious enough, that my faith wasn't strong enough, and that I wasn't important enough for Him to care. I had just lost one of the most important people in my life, and I had prayed for months that she could be saved, that I could spend many more years with her.

I didn't get my wish. She died, and I... I stopped believing in prayer. I stopped believing that my God actually cared about me. You hear all these stories about miracles that people experience, and when I begged for one, the answer was no. And that hurt. I turned away for years, and only recently have I begun to glance back.

If you don't mind, I'd like to pray for you, that God will show Himself when you least expect it in the most powerful of ways.
FanofLiterature chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
There's so much wrong in this world, but that isn't God's fault. He created us to have free will, which is why people do awful things. He wants us to rise above them.

And, also, there's really nothing wrong with doubt. We were created to seek the truth; we were created to find Him. That's why there's prayer, and Mass, and whatnot. God doesn't always come in big miracles, you know. He reveals Himself to us in small ways, too. Like in the beauty of a flower opening its petals for the first time.

In reply to what you said about homosexuals and women who want to fulfill their desires - God loves them, too. It's just that some desires - some wants - aren't good for us in the long run. There's nothing wrong with being gay - you can't help it. It's just wrong when you act on homosexual desires.

Life can be so depressing sometimes, to the point where you wonder if it's worth it. But life is bigger than us, and yet it's all about us individually. There's something after our life, in which we life forever in His love - Heaven. So try to be the best person you can be, because, in the long run, it'll be good for you. Our main goal in life is to get to Heaven and love one another. Take a step toward God, and He'll come to you. He really wants to - we just don't accept His help sometimes, and that makes life harder for us.

This is coming from someone who has been there, done that. I've doubted Him before, but with His help, I lived through it. You can, too. You will.

And, to answer the main question: God is in love. He's in a small act of kindness and the dawn of a new day. He's also in truth, and hope, and faith. He is in everyone. He is always with you.
SetoKaibaLuvr15 chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
God really is there, He watches you all the time and tries to help you, in Heaven if you believe in Him you lose all pain and even if it doesn't seem like He's helping, He is
Calypso Jackson chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I am a "christian" but if im truely honest, i doubt ALOT. pm me
sing.play.live chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
People who think that God only loves people who fit a certain criteria aren't real children of God. God loves everyone. He gives us challenges so that we can overcome them and become stronger. One of my favorite quotes is "You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it." It isn't a religious quote at all but I think it speaks volumes. Sounds like your life kinda sucks right now and I really hope things look up for you. I know they will. Things always get better. You're tough and you can make it. Go kick the worlds ass. But God will be with you. He's that voice that tells you not to give up. Sorry for the rant but I'm passionate about stuff and I like to talk.