Reviews for Distancing Myself
True Talker chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I would ONLY want you to smile if you want to. However I would like to make you feel good enough to.
Jess chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I love this. A few months ago I could definitely say that this describes my life. But then I met this girl online. She was broken and hurting. She cut herself. She lost a lot and never really had a sense of faith to carry on. But there was something about her that despite this depression I was sinking in she helped me. I began to talk to her and get to know her better. We had a few laughs and I can definitely say we had our cries. But she was amazing. She had this thing about her beneath her brokenness that screamed courage. It also whispered strength and gave off this scent of compassion. She convinced me to take my meds. She listened to me vent. She showed me that she cared when nobody else seemed to understand. She gave me a reason to pull myself out of the slump I had put myself in. Maybe it was those few cuss words and those threats that got me to do it. Maybe it was those times she allowed me to vent that I became better. But I know for sure that if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be OK today. The only thing keeping me from being great or fantastic is that I can't return the favor to this same person. I can't give her the words, the commands, the ear, that she gave me. I can try but she's on a whole other level than me. And I can't be great until I can do for her what she did for me. She gave me a reason to live again. But I'm tearing myself apart as I'm trying to do the same for her, for you, Mariah.
Star Light-294 chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
;_; Ah, that's such a sad poem! It's really good though! It's really emotionally charged! Probably better than what I can write as well! _ Hope you continue to write more beautiful poetry!