Reviews for Of Beauty And Her Beast
BowSilent chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Very well versed, I love how you've altered the traditional Beauty and the Beast to "Beauty is the Beast" Wonderful subversion to the genre. This reminds me of Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Grey" because of the way in which you describe the evil in her mind corrupting her image; "Slowly at first did the blue of her eyes begin to fade, / Then faster and faster, becoming the most vivid green." I also enjoyed at the end when you spoke of the Beast almost as a separate part of her, a beautiful muse on the monsters we have within ourselves, our insecurities in particular, that seem so different from the face we show the world that we cannot believe they are part of us. All in all, a perfectly phrased, immaculately reflective piece.
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Well that certainly gives the Disney movie Beauty and The Beast a few facelift. It makes it seem darker and more mature. I love the use of imagery, certainly carries that dark, tense tone throughout the piece. As for the incorporation of the senses, well that's very clever how they were once so good, turned bad. I liked it, very dramatic but not over the top. It's almost like a moral, don't let the negatives (beast) in because it'll eat from the inside out. Clever piece, great job and piece. :)
tolerate chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
That's... dark. And evil. I don't know what to say, it just feels all gloomy and bloody. Great poem, though I've never properly watched any disney movies.