Reviews for The Frau
Guest chapter 45 . 9/22/2013
Well, Goebbels met the bad end I was expecting! April's reaction to the death was very interesting this time. She feels uncomfortable at violating him, and soon afterwards starts to regret not having more of an active role in Klara's upbringing. I wonder what decisions she's going to make.
Guest chapter 44 . 9/19/2013
Gah, I love this! Lenore is quite the interesting character; I hope we'll get to see some more of her at some point. Goebbels's torture seems like one of the harshest so far. I bet April could make a killing selling copies of the tape.
Guest chapter 43 . 9/16/2013
I love this chapter! Instead of the gruesome death I was expecting, the scene turned out to be rather funny. Funny in a very twisted, bizarre way, of course, but still, it got a genuine smile out of me.
demonbarber14 chapter 42 . 9/14/2013
That ship of dreams, so to speak, sounds utterly fantastic! I love this story so much! It was interesting to see April in a passive position. I'm so used to her taking charge, or at least being respected, that it was almost as jarring for the reader as it was for her when she was forced to let Himmler fondle her. I was quite relieved at the end when she regained her power.
demonbarber14 chapter 41 . 9/10/2013
I love it! Especially since we get a bit of backstory on the Fantastique! I also like how you explore Demitri's relationship with Zoya a bit more, and introduce the possibility of her ending up with both men. And that Isabelle; such a party pooper.
demonbarber14 chapter 40 . 9/7/2013
As always, I love the cliffhanger! I wonder what glorious madness will ensue!
That hotel, though-how absolutely incredible sounding! I imagine Las Vegas to be somewhat similar, but much less exciting!
demonbarber14 chapter 39 . 9/3/2013
Well, that's sweet of April; even though Maria made her feel uncomfortable, then hurled hurtful slurrs at her, April still protected her! Now, I REALLY don't like the sound of these nightmen!
demonbarber14 chapter 38 . 8/31/2013
I love the idea of those rooms! I wonder what mine would look like...
What a creative, neat idea! April's ideal room makes a lot of sense, but it wasn't totally obvious that that would be her first choice. I don't like the sound of those Nightmen, though. April's tough, though. She can take them, I'm sure!
demonbarber14 chapter 37 . 8/28/2013
I'm glad that we didn't get any gruesome descriptions this time. It wasn't really necessary, and its absence will make the violent scenes all the more powerful. And it left room for some more interesting developments. So, April and Maria now have some possible tension between them, eh? I love it! More importantly, though, I get the feeling that Virgil's showing her the room will be a bit more exciting than the usual "here's the bed, here's the bathroom, here's the closet, here's how to get WiFi, call the front desk if you have any questions. Just a hunch, though.
demonbarber14 chapter 36 . 8/24/2013
Oh, my! Well, I suppose he got what he deserved. At least our main characters are safe, that's the important thing.
demonbarber14 chapter 35 . 8/20/2013
Leave it to Virgil to solve every problem in the most creative way possible! Heath Ledger indeed...
Anyway, Mengle is a pretty interesting character so far. I mean, he seems like a pretty normal guy at this point.
Amazing, as always!
demonbarber14 chapter 34 . 8/16/2013
Yeah, if I were to do a Love Dance, I'd do it to a David Bowie soundtrack. Anyway, I like the explanation of the whole death/souls/reincarnation thing. I feel like it cleared up a lot, without being a huge exposition dump or taking away from the drama of the moment. And speaking of drama, what a cliffhanger!
demonbarber14 chapter 33 . 8/10/2013
First of all, Khaaaaaaaaaan! That was awesome! And the best part is, it sounds like a completely legitimate name for a drink. So, if I ever open a club, I’ll call it The Dark Place and the signature drink will be Khan. And I love the Shining reference, of course. As for the story, I like how her relationship with the teammates is set up, especially with Kenny. Even though she herself is afraid, she knows not to show it and is clearly the leader of the pack. And the idea of the orgy on the stage was quite interesting, especially April’s reaction to it. It kind of reminded me of that line from “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”; “We do onstage the things that are supposed to happen off. Which is a kind of integrity if you look on every exit being an entrance somewhere else”. Needless to say, I love it!
demonbarber14 chapter 32 . 8/5/2013
Oh my! Well, I can't wait for the second threesome scene if it's anything like this one. I really liked the line "I've never had so many arms around me". For all of April's insane adventures with the crazy people she's met, she still receives and appreciates basic human affection. I also like the fact that fact that both Klara and Zoya are focal figures in this chapter! Awesome, as always!
demonbarber14 chapter 31 . 8/2/2013
I can't believe how much just happened in barely 1,000 words! I really love the idea of the marriage; too bad it won't happen as soon as possible (oh, Rubik). I feel like it would be the final symbol of April's transformation from male dictator to female friend, mother, comrade, and even subordinate (let's face it, she takes a lot of orders from Rubik and Virgil). Aside from anything else, they'd make a good match, even down to neither of them wanting children, and the fact that April can still fool around with Rosa shows that their marriage would not be stifling. I also like the fact that Klara's back to being an important figure in the story. I do wonder what the secret could be and why Rubik looks so disheveled. Love it, as always!
45 | Page 1 .. Last Next »