Reviews for Strapped
Otakachu9001 chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Brilliant poem! 8D
As for the interpretation, I see this as the guy being depressed over losing the love of his life. It seems through the poem he is dealing with thoughts of suicide. Part of him wants to die and the other doesn't. The carnivorous poachers could be the over flowing emotions eating him away. The bitter sweet cowardice is his struggle to overcome the loss of his remaining psyche and the over settling power is the beckoning of his insanity. The restrained bed rest perhaps is an asylum bed he's forced to sleep in due his loss of stability? The memories living in the ones who hold him could be the people closest to him in his family refusing to believe he is gone and trying to make things seem normal.
Who really knows though. The beauty of poetry is that it can be interpreted in numerous ways. Not just how one person views it. :)
I tip my imaginary hat to you ThinkPi. Simply brilliant. I hope you can become well known. Its only occasionally when you run into materpieces like this. :'3
TheDarknessEndsAtDawn chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I like it! I'm truthfully not sure what it's about, but I like it! I've always liked dark poems!
Anne Fatalism Dilettante chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Liked the way you used rhyme schemes here. First in couplets, then with an open rhyme.

I should refrain from interpreting too much, as I do in Lit classes. There is a dark tone to most of it, but what struck was the last sentence. It almost seemed positive, "his memory lives on in those who hold him." What a turn. Masterfully done!