Reviews for Teach Me Teacher
Vida chapter 1 . 1/7
oh god, that's my favourite thing I've ever read
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I think my heart just broke. This is so heartbreaking how the speaker turns from questioning whether or not to teach this girl to feel again to him being gone and whether she would notice. It's the kinda of poem that people can absorb the narrative on its own but I also think it teaches us that you need to care for those that care for you because they're the ones that will miss you if you're gone. Or at least that's how I interpreted this, though I could be wrong. I think this is such a wonderful piece.
tolerate chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Whoa there. The first line started off with a really sad tone and it was painfully beautiful. Heart breaking, even. The whole poem had a soft, slow feeling to it and when you wrote funeral, I imagined a funeral and the back-view of the girl you're talking about, but it's blurry. Beautiful poem and if this poem is related to your life, I hope everything gets better. Write to me soon - I miss hearing from you!
True Talker chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
In reading this I feel the need to write this - If this were meant for me I would say that I DO KNOW what love is as someone makes me feel it. I know what loving is because I would like to experience it with someone. Which makes me nervous to say however it is true. Even through here this way I can feel love that someone shares with me. And I would love to feel his hand on mine and feel his arms wrapped around me. To look into his eyes and to know that HE REALLY DOES LOVE ME.

Because I LOVE SOMEONE A GREAT DEAL I DON'T even want to think about his funeral. What do I mean? OF COURSE I WOULD CRY. Why wouldn't I? I would cry because of the life that he still could've lived and I would cry because I would be losing my light my heart. I would cry because of the life that he could've shared with me. I would cry because I ONLY SEE BEAUTY BECAUSE OF HIM. He is the inspiration for my soul, he is the one that has awakened me, he is the one that does make me feel, he is the one that makes my mind understand, and he is the one that makes my heart soar. I KNOW that there is NO one like him and I KNOW that HE IS EVERYTHING that I have EVER WANTED AND MORE THAT I DIDN'T know existed. I would cry because I WOULD BE LOST AGAIN AND BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE DIFFICULTY FEELING LOVE IN THIS WORLD AGAIN.

Would I cry? Yes, I would because he is the key to my life and my world. REALLY. Would I speak at his funeral? If he would want me to - however I would HAVE TO FIGHT BACK the tears that threaten to choke me because I DON'T think that I would have the abilty to speak my words without him. SERIOUSLY. And I tend to get emotional as I write because right now I AM CRYING. REALLY.

And so it seems that some people don't really know how much that they are TRULY CARED FOR. SERIOUSLY.