Reviews for In Pursuit of the Crown
I am sorry chapter 41 . 11/17
I am so happy you are posting again. Thank you so very much for not letting go this story. Thank you and wow sad to see it end too. You will be writing another thing after this is done? Or it's over for you the original work world?
anon chapter 1 . 7/26
I was just thinking about this story today, hope everything goes well for you, and you update within the year or next one, hopefully.
Liryca chapter 1 . 7/13
You know I just finished your story today, and I’m so impressed by it and by your writing that, I’m considering reading some of your stories of Kingdom Hearts fandom, which I do know nothing about (only that is video game? I think?)
I didn’t even know where to start or where to leave this comment, if here or where, I mean, I really wanted for it to reach you. And I know a simple comment may not much to some, but anyway, I wanted to let you know my appreciation and awe at your lovely story. It can’t be easy to write 200,000 words after all. I know it takes effort, and dedication and I wanted to thank you for sitting down and deciding to write this piece, for keep working on it until you reached 40 chapters and for sharing it with the world for free.
You crafted a world with different kingdoms, customs, and religions. Your world building is amazing, every detail and the intricate complots to take the crown really make this story a one of a kind. The fantasy element also amazed me a bit, so clever. And yes, it feels a bit like Game of thrones, but not at all that much –do not pay too much attention to that comparison.
As for Rylan, I really like his character, as a prince, as a person and as a lover. He is strong as a king should be, but he is kind too, and most than anything, the poor thing is so in love he aches with it. Also his doubts and guilt over Sahal are so well done, and believable, I can only clap at you for making such a solid character.
As for Sahal, I think I like him just as much as Rylan, not more and not less (he’s just as lovable). He being a savage, and having his own costumes, having been in love once? Was he mated? Will Rylan ever know? Is this person a threat to their affair? (I would love to see Rylan jealous, because Sahal manages his jealousy with as much dignity as there is possible, so I would like to see I guess) -and finally having promised to crown Rylan as king, such an inner strength in him.
As for the rest, the twins plot… I didn’t see that coming, but all in all, it works in favor for our main paring. It’s convenient for all the implicated. This way Rylan can keep being faithful to his love. And for the incest, I actually feel bad for the poor twins, I hope they can be happy.
I would love to read more of this story, of course, the conclusion of it. hopefully a happy ending.
Faith Mairi chapter 1 . 4/2
I have no clue if you have writer's block or what.
All I know is that you have to finish this story. Emphasis on have to!
The characters are amazing, the world-building is spectacular and I really need Prince Raylan rescued from the dungeons and back in Sahal's arms.
So good luck!
wittlewon chapter 40 . 5/29/2016
Oh please please please please please update soon. I have fallen in love with your characters and the story. I'm dying to know what happens next. You are such an excellent writer. I love your style and the settings/time lines with kings and queens and such. I love your work. Come back soon!
Crashley chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
I love this story, but it's lack of update has me worried about you! I hope all is well with your children, your family, and your home life! Never be afraid to talk to us! We are your loyal fans and we are here to support you no matter what! :)

In the meantime we will continue to worry about Ryder and swoon over Sahal! ;)
moonshadows701 chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
Love this story- well written and edited. I hope you finish it!
Pamela Isley chapter 40 . 9/29/2015
Hoping that you are well and eagerly awaiting the next chapter, this story has grasped my interest keenly
cnnx chapter 40 . 9/27/2015
I've re-read this entire story 5 times since the last up date. The suspense is torture. Can't wait to find out what happens next. Keep up the good work.
RSN chapter 2 . 7/4/2015
~I just started reading this story, and Im sooo enjoying it! :D After so long, youre still one of my fave authors hehe
The Lady Andar chapter 40 . 5/8/2015
Ahh! It has been so long since I have been so absorbed in a story! I cant wait to see what comes next!
My only regret is reading this before it was complete because... The wait... My heart literally longs for the next chapter!
Ahhh i love the thought and such obvious devotion that went into each culture and detail and i really cannot express the excitement and oh my. The literary world needs something like this in physical market. I would buy it.
My heart! It won't calm down!
Izraeskim chapter 40 . 4/13/2015
Oh, sweet, sweet ambrosia. My brain has not been this happy in a long time - your writing style has a way of soothing me so much, it's just so *good*, it makes me so contented and pleased and OH MY GOD, I FINALLY GOT TO READDDDDDD THE NEW CHAPTER, AND OH MY GOD, SO MUCH HAPPENED! AND IT WAS ALL SAHAL!

*screams happily for a while*

Sahal is pretty much the sexiest beast alive, I would like to state that here and now. He is the best. He is so FOCUSED on getting to Raylan, and is such a CLEVER damn man, acting purely on adrenaline and instinct right now and just punching his way through one blockade after another through either wits or ability alone. GOD. IT'S PRETTY HOT. I absolutely *adored* this chapter, every word of every sentence of every paragraph. I wouldn't have imagined for a moment that you had the slightest difficulty with it. For someone who finds writing fighting scenes difficult, you certainly don't let on in the finished product. It was vivid and fast-paced and accurate, and just demonstrated what a fantastic and flexible fighter Sahal is.

AND OOOOOOOOOOOH. OOOOOOH, THE END OF DARBRION! Excuse me whilst I cackle for a while. That was FABULOUS, I could so imagine Sahal's expression and gaze at that moment. I *love* that Darbrion was comfortably tucked away, waiting for his machinations to complete while he sipped wine or tea or whatever, and then retribution came in the form of Sahal looking for Raylan :D :D :D One ought *never* fuck with a darling yaoi couple. It's bad for one's health, as Darbrion has discovered XD I am SO INTERESTED in who is behind all this, though - someone ELSE got the ball rolling on this coup, it wasn't even Darbrion's idea. So there is someone out there, unfortunately an unknown, who wants Raylan's royal line wiped out, to the extent of using an elven curse AND a bloody coup to get the job done, while managing to remain thoroughly anonymous, especially to those being manipulated. I AM SO CURIOUS. AUGH. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? What is at the HEART of all this!?

More than anything, I loved the moment when Sahal broke through to the barracks, and suited up for the battle for Raylan, and I cannot WAIT for that moment. Oh, god. It's going to be amazing. (Oh, and before I forget, carried away with the rest of it as I am, I really loved Sahal's musings at the start on the marriage. Poor dear.)

JDSHFBVPIUDHBPISBJAOPIJNPIUJBN. I am so sorry it took me such a long time to read this! I have been *itching* for it, and am just so thrilled now that I have. It's wonderful. As usual, you make me want to write like a mad thing. You are just MAGNIFICENT, hun, and I wish you all the inspiration, motivation, and time in the world for getting the next chapter done! DOIPJDDSAPIODAINBADJBPIOJASBPOIJAF *HEARTY HEART HEARRRRTS*
kindofabadger chapter 40 . 4/8/2015
OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO WORTH THE WAIT! What a fantastic update. I honestly was on the edge of my seat reading this, so tense, so nerve wracking, so, so GOOD!

I loved so much but didn't take notes to remind me of specifics. I LOVED that Sahal invoked Goddess' potential wrath to get that page to comply, poor kid but he rose to the occasion! I loved Sahal's bad-assery killing ALL THE BAD GUYS and omg Darbrion. SO glad you let him kill him. So glad. Calling Sahal a traitor, wtf. Oh and I loved the little comic (as I took it at the time) bit of Amnala not letting Dal leave her quarters. Poor Dal, what stress! But then when I read what he had to say, oh wow not funny anymore. Poor, poor Dal indeed.

For a second there I was afraid Krelden would be a plant and on Team Darbrion but I'm glad my suspicions were wrong.

But who the HELL is behind the elf-curse?

Wow this was good. You've no idea how much I've thought of this story and hoped for an update and it was really really worth the wait for this quality. Thank you!
A Spot of Bother chapter 39 . 4/2/2015
*pooooke* By the way, when I click the little "post review" button, a message pops up letting me know the author would like to thank me for my feedback. I think the system must be more punch-drunk than I am to consider my ramblings-on in any way helpful or constructive.
A Spot of Bother chapter 40 . 4/2/2015
Y'know, as far as cliffhangers go, this is not a great improvement. /

I kid, I kid. I chewed a few nails to the quick over this chapter, Ms. I-Hate-Actions-Scenes. Sahal is such a bad-ass. XD And Darbrion is finally dead. Finally. Prick. His daughter's melt-down is going to be EPIC.

...I might be a bad person. 8D

Well now this just opens up a whole new (yet not?) can of worms. I mean, we'd already surmised Darbrion didn't know about the elf, but he's still RESPONSIBLE for it because he took up mysterious letter-writer's offer of regicide... Have I mentioned the man was a colossal prick? Because he was. BUT IF THE PLAN WASN'T EVEN REALLY HIS TO BEGIN WITH, WTH IS GOING ON? My puzzler is sore. You've broken mah puzzler. D:

Oh! And Raylan's still alive. I mean, I kinda figured he had to be, otherwise hey! End of the fic and massive downers for everyone and that didn't strike me as where you're going with this, but I do wonder - why risk keeping him alive? Was Darbrion planning on a public execution? And wouldn't that have been risky since, as Sahal notes, the general populace loves him and sees him as the divine instrument of She? (Although now I'm seeing Darbrion trying to get all snippy and snotty with Her like he does (did) with Raylan and getting flambeed for his trouble... XD)

It's late. I'm rambling. AND YOU LEFT ME WITH ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER. You're a cruel person. I pout, madam! I pout in your general direction!

...And then I remember I'm a giant hypocrite, so it's all good. :D

IN SHORT (short? ha!) THIS CHAPTER WAS ACTION-Y LOVELINESS AND I AM ALREADY AWAITING THE NEXT ONE. No pressure. 3
232 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »