Reviews for A Heart More than Stone
ReldanWater chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Amazing. So cute! :) Although if I was Gregory, I would be WAY more freaked out about a talking statue.
ironsharpensiron27 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
I really like this story it's great, and it's not cheesy like a lot of romance stuff good job!
Any59.0 chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Aw, that was adorable!
Fakety Mcfakename chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This was a sideways, creative story. I really loved how you wrote the garden(smiled at the bit about the fairy dragonfly war). Your writing style is clear, smooth, and without snags. I wouldn't call this a romance, but i would call it a relationship. sometimes the line between the two is thin. and it's a very cool relationship rhyme and gregory have.
HeartBreak96 chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
That was amazing. "I felt a stone tear roll down my face to shatter on the ground like my own heart," almost broke my heart.
Sealgirl101 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Love it! Mysterious.
Like the romance and fantasy wove in there.
Mockingbyrd's Tune chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Splendid! I loved how you expressed Rhyme's devotion. If I could sum this story up in one word, it would be "timeless." The pace of the story and it's correlation to the timelessness of a statue is lovely. My favorite line: "I felt a stone tear roll down my face to shatter on the ground like my own heart. " The thought of a stone figure, generally perceived as cold, showing such great emotion is wonderfully juxtaposed throughout your story.

The only suggestion I would make is to review punctuation for dialogue. Commas belong at the end of quoted statements, when the quote is not at the end of the sentence. Ex: "Because I didn't want to scare you/,/" I said...
For quoted questions, there is no need to capitalize "he" because it is part of the sentence. Ex: "Dad, do you think Rhyme can understand us?" /h/e asked...

What an excellent story! Thank you for sharing it. - M.T.
Paige Terner chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This is so good! One of the best fantasy short stories I've ever read.
Punslinger chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
How charming! You almost make us believe there could be a parallel world of gentleness and wisdom that we could visit if we wished strongly enough.