Reviews for Gavin: The Shepherds: September 2018
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Until I goggled it, I didn't realise scarlet pimpernel was a plant. I just thought it was a character. Anyway, I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of these shorter ones. It just feels like very little happens. There's a lot you can do to make them just a tad longer though, and add in a bit more. Right not, it doesn't add a whole lot to the characters. There's more you can do with all of them; what are their individual reactions to the story? (The kids, I mean). Ethan seems very sullen, so it's hard to imagine him suddenly bursting into giggles at the story. And I think you could ground the setting a bit more; are they home in Ireland? (I can't remember a mention of them having a farm in previous stories, except the ranches Rearden (I think? Sorry, can't always keep them all straight in my head) works on in the US. So are they visiting him? I know they're not supposed to be taken as one-shots, but I still think a bit of grounding could really help some of them. And, as always, hope this helps with future chapters/stories and the like.