Reviews for Anywhere But Home
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Someone once told me that home isn't a place, home is happiness - home is wherever your heart is (that someone was Austin Carlile from the band Of Mice & Men) and I think he talks a lot of sense. We may think of home as a place, like what is shown through this piece, but I don't think so. Home is where you feel safe which is probably why the speaker in this poem needs to find out where that may be. As for this piece, I think there is some truly wonderful imagery and the again I love the dark twist of something that is suppose to be considered happy ("home") but isn't in this. Great piece.
True Talker chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Reading this makes me think. And this makes me want to say - I HOPE that one day I find a place that is home. I mean that I tend to think that I know what would make a place feel like home and who would make that feel that to be true. However until that day I would like to share this - That I have NEVER/NOT ever lived in a place that has felt like home. SERIOUSLY. Yes, that means here in this apartment too. NO place has ever felt like home. SERIOUSLY.