Reviews for When You Look
Don Mufasa chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
I love this. I empathize so much with the feelings that there's too much BS and distraction, too many things pulling us apart from who we are and where we want to be. What we want to say, what we want to do, having to put up with facades and nonsense...especially at this point in my life, trying to decipher what I want to do with it.
It's encouraging to remember that I'm not alone in my struggle, and neither are you. Dunno if or what you were going through when you wrote this, but hang in there and be brave. It is always possible to be true to yourself, even as the world prefers to delude itself.
I also really like the picture and the end, the two go great together and accentuate the problem at the end, "how DOES one find a way to be their self?" Even as it's more dour, I feel encouraged and even challenged to find an answer, but maybe that's just me.
On another note, this makes me want to go back and try writing more poems about my own life and about self-discovery. I had in the past, but they were more philosophical than anything...bleagh. Anything that's written that inspires others to write is always a successful work.
Lily94 chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
This is very touching and realistic