Reviews for Handmaiden
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 12 . 12/21/2013
Dear Lady Jane,

Very nice! If you have not heard of/read this book, I highly recommend it. It is called The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander, and is Leonka's story. You would like it.

Very good story, and an intriguing idea. So glad that their illegitimacy saved the children's lives. By the way, thanks for favoriting the Swan King! I love Ludwig II and wish more people knew/cared about his story.

God bless!

Lady Viola
ZizziHungarian chapter 12 . 8/31/2013
I knew you won't let them live, I just knew! And you know what? That was a good decision. This way you wrote a totally realistic and believable story, without any exaggeration and overdramatization, even if my heart is aching for the Romanov family, but I know they have to go, because this is history. Keep up the good work, and write more like this!
romanovhistory chapter 12 . 8/10/2013
you write so beautifully, I'm envious! Fantastic story, I really loved reading it :)
fleurdelislady chapter 12 . 7/19/2013
I really liked the ending and how it stayed true history and the royal family dying. I'm sad it's over but I really enjoyed this as a whole and I can't wait to see what you do next. :)
YoungSongtress chapter 12 . 7/18/2013
Yay Kolya and Alisa!
fleurdelislady chapter 11 . 7/12/2013
Oh my she told Isaak the truth. I didn't expect that. I really love this story:)
ZizziHungarian chapter 10 . 7/10/2013
This story is good in so many ways that I don't know where to start! The idea of Nicholas having a mistress to bear his son is confusing, but an absolutely logical step: hey, why didn't the real Nicholas and Alexandra thought about it?! Maybe because theye were too much in love with each other - another thing you portray very well, along with the characters of their family and even Rasputin, his prescence sent shivers down my spine. Sadly it seems that having Alisa and Kolya won't change history, but I'll hope until the next chapter anyway... Update soon!
fleurdelislady chapter 10 . 7/6/2013
At least she got to come along. I'm curious where things will go with this Isaak. :)
YoungSongtress chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
You have a very unique style of writing and I would love for you to read one of my stories and give me review.
YoungSongtress chapter 10 . 7/3/2013
Please tell me they live, please
fleurdelislady chapter 8 . 6/18/2013
Aw a cute little boy. Whenever I think of Rasputin I imagine the guy from the animated movie. Creeeeepooo alert or what? I looked up a picture of the real Rasputin and I think the animators had the right idea going on with that character design. Scaryass dude. I hope he doesn't hurt little Kolya :(. I'm curious about the future of Imperial Russia now that little Kolya's on the scene. I mean the Bolsheviks had issues with others things excluding the viability of the Russian line I assume, so I'm curious if you're going to get into that. I can't wait for more, as usual :)
fleurdelislady chapter 7 . 6/10/2013
Aww more babies, I can't wait to see how things turn out :) It's very sad about little Alisa though :(
fleurdelislady chapter 6 . 5/31/2013
Aw a baby girl, that's so cute, albeit not what they were hoping for. I really like how you have Alexandra express her feelings at the end to Yelizaveta, I thought it was a really nice touch :)
fleurdelislady chapter 4 . 5/13/2013
Baby! Yay! Also, I like how you portray the Dowager Empress in this chapter she seems very real and believable. Yelizaveta's last thoughts at the end are interesting as well.
fleurdelislady chapter 3 . 5/6/2013
I still really like this, it goes at a nice pace. Also I was a little confused about "The distinctly Scottish lilt to her voice", is that Olga's voice? Why would she have a Scottish accent?