Reviews for Dear God
StrawberryMM chapter 14 . 8/1/2013
This is a very interesting story. It's very well-written, and very tragic. Very realistic as well.

However, there seems to be one problem.

You make it seem like you can get to heaven just by being good and praying everyday...and while that's always good, it's not how you get to heaven. You get to heaven by accepting Jesus' free gift of salvation, admitting you're a sinner, and asking for forgiveness.

Ephesians 2: 8-9 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, but is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.

As those two verses points out, it doesn't matter how many times someone goes to church or how many times they pray everyday, or how well they've cleaned their house, or how good of a mother/father and wife/husband or person in general they've been, it matters whether or not they've accepted Jesus as their Savior and if He's in their heart or not.

Not to mention, you make it sound as if God NEEDS people to pray to Him. Of course, God WANTS people to pray to him, but...He doesn't NEED anything. If He wanted to, he could've blasted each and every one of us out of existence years ago. But He hasn't, because He loves us. Now of course, God WANTS us to love Him, God WANTS us to worship Him, God WANTS us to pray to Him, God WANTS us to be good and be a good sibling/mom/dad/spouse/etc., but He doesn't NEED ANYTHING from us.

Sorry, but I had to speak my mind, because, those are some very important points. I am not trying to hate on your story, but...Keep on writing!
Going with the Tide chapter 14 . 5/18/2013
Very sad story and hoping it's not true.

One quick point from a writing perspective, you often dipped between twelve year old language and adult medical language...some very bright twelve year old's might be able to speak like that but not the majority, depends how you wanted the speech pattern to come across :)

From a faith point of view I'm sorry if this is the experience you have had or seen someone else have. It's a common misconception that you have to be good to receive God's grace, not at all. Whether you go to heaven or not is not based on how 'good' you are, rather if you believe in Jesus and if you have faith. God is not in control of everything that happens on this earth unfortunately and some things happen for reasons we don't understand. In your story Sally wanted to go to Heaven, the Bible says that the faith of a child is the most precious and pure of all. Sally died with more faith than her parents will ever have, as they didn't listen to the faith of their daughter. After life has passed, who do you think will be dancing with Jesus in heaven? Faith and hope are interlinked, when one fails, the other carries you.

The poem entitled 'Footprints' is a famous poem and it is worth a read, I think you would enjoy it. God Bless x