Reviews for The Terrible Time of Right Now
Prince Jerrick F chapter 4 . 6/12/2013
Is there more coming soon? I've been salivating since the your last update. Moar...MOAR!
Takayta chapter 4 . 5/10/2013
Loved this chapter! _ Amelia is the cutest little thing, and I had to laugh when she was asking all those questions during the movie (my brother used to do the same thing when he was little). And I still love Abigail and Travis! (I feel bad for him now, now that I know about his parents leaving him and his sister.)

There were a couple of small things I found in the first paragraph, where some words were omitted:

"...seemed silly if the person I was worshiping can't even help me any of my problems." - Forgot the word "with"

"If saw any lights go on in the house..." - Forgot the word "they"

I know that I do that a lot in my own writing, and I've found that the best way to fix it is to read my work aloud a few times. It forces my brain to say what is actually on the page and not what it thinks is on the page. :)

Anyway, great chapter, and I look forward to seeing whatever you have in store for the next one! :)
myheart4you chapter 3 . 5/3/2013
Dude, don't worry about 4000 word long chapters. I have a story with chapters that are about 1200-1500 words long with 38 chapters, and it's 70,000 words, maybe a little more. The typical young adult novel is between 40,000 and 100,000 in whole. I mean, it's your choice.

That part about, "It will have turned from me giving Travis a compliment to us making out in the middle of the classroom", oh goodness, it made me laugh :D
Also the part of "I heard she broke (insert name)'s nose for no reason!"

You're funny :)

Also, Travis intrigues me. He seems awesome, and I wonder why he's so friendly to Abby. That makes me sound like a jerk, but I actually trust him. He probably has some tragic past or something.

Also, what creative soul came up with the nickname "fatty Abby" or whatever it is? Seriously, she shouldn't let it bother her. That all clearly have the thought process of kindergartners.
myheart4you chapter 2 . 5/3/2013
Although this is an over-used storyline, I appreciate both the humorous and serious approach that you took. You also have a way of writing that keeps me drawn to the book :)

Also, I appreciate that you use proper grammar and punctuation, haha
Takayta chapter 3 . 5/2/2013
I'm liking Travis more and more here. ;)

Anyway, the story is great so far, and I can't wait for another update! I wouldn't mind longer chapters (as that just means more story for me to read), although you could also have a large number of shorter chapters to reach the length of a typical YA novel. Totally up to you.

As for how the counselor should handle Abigail? Well, I'm not really sure. You could have the counselor give really great advice to her, or you could do just the opposite, and make Abigail feel even more like a loser (which might make her look forward to talking and seeing Travis more). I really don't know, as I'm just throwing ideas around. :P

I'll be looking forward to reading the next chapter, whatever you decide to do. :)
Takayta chapter 2 . 5/2/2013
This is great so far! Abigail feels like such a real person to me, and I feel so sorry for her being bullied so much. And her family doesn't seem to be much of a help either. But I'm glad Travis was nice to her, and I can't wait to see what will happen in the next chapter. :)
Takayta chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
I think the prologue is fine, despite the fact that it's brief. And is this really a first attempt at first POV? Because it sounds wonderful, and I already feel like I'm inside of Abigail's head. :)
flamemouth27 chapter 2 . 4/30/2013