Reviews for The Beat of Your Own Drummer
Austin F chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I really enjoyed the whole idea of this story, it was very interesting to read and to see what happened. I believe this story could have been enhanced if it were told through a narrative of one of the people, rather than an outside force telling the story, it sounds far too impersonal and makes it a tad harder to build a connection with the characters.

I thought the details were really well done, nothing too overdone but just enough to create the scene and tell the story.

You did come out of past tense on occasions, nothing major, it doesn't really take away from the story much, but you might want to look through it.

The overall atmosphere and pacing were well done, though the beginning seemed to spend a little too much time building up the climax that not a whole lot happened, and that will turn readers off. It seemed that you built up the climax so much that everything else seemed rather bland in comparison.

Overall, this was a very well done story and I enjoyed the read, while it does have its issues, they do little to detract from the overall experience of the story.
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Nicely crafted - it would found some good company in some of my anthologies I publish. You should submit to Morpheus Tales with some of your work. This has some solid storytelling combining psychological and supernatural horror. Nicely melded together seamlessly.