Reviews for The Fledgling
Guest chapter 41 . 3/22
I am hooked by your work. Thank you for sharing!
NataliaFinland chapter 41 . 6/26/2013
Hi Melody!

Thank you for these two books you have already posted on here! It has really been a while since the last time I read anything as well written as this story. I believe there are several reasons for this. One is that you’ve taken your time on editing and it shows - something too many writers forgot. Also, you haven’t stepped to the clichés that are omnipresent when creating a fantasy story with elves – your elves feel like real characters with past and future instead of just a mass production of Legolas-look-alikes.

However, sometimes I’m worried if you have too much on your plate to carry on with this to the grand finale. For example, turning Triz into a vampire was something I’m not sure was necessary for the story – he had so many secrets even before the transformation that maybe it would have been better to abandon that plot twist. Still, I have a feeling that this elf-vampire was something you wanted to do from the very beginning, and so far, it seems you’re handling it all very well.

I hope you’ll manage to complete all the five books even if sometimes it would feel that there are too many words ahead and so few behind. If you decide to publish the rest of the books here as well, I know I’ll be reading them as soon as possible. And if you don’t and instead get them published as real books… well then I’d have to start hunting them from bookstores hoping that they’d became a worldwide success and a copy or a couple would find their way in here too! Keep up the good work!

- Natalia -

Ps. I must confess that the dark elves attacking and killing the princess and Kassí and others was something I never saw coming – but it was genius! I feared that Triz was becoming some kind of Moses leading his cattle to safety etc. when the refugee camp came into the story – and then the rest tree books he would have spent gathering an army before attacking against the king (I’ve read too many stories like that, you see) but I’m glad you have other plans at least for now.
olivia d'trumpet chapter 41 . 6/12/2013
I'm fairly sure I'm following you. Congratulations for getting two books out in record time. I look forward to reading more of your work.
silly1 chapter 41 . 6/12/2013
Sigh. Not too long, I hope :)
olivia d'trumpet chapter 40 . 6/12/2013
WOW! This story just keeps getting better and better. Besides I bet Trizryn wished he had sex with Aija... jk
Elenielwen chapter 39 . 6/11/2013
Alright so.. I am speechless at the quirky humor, the.. The... Gah! Speechless at how fun it was to read this chapter and well made it was! Also, I am hoping for a bit more "romance" between them too as I think they fit together! This chapter made my day, thank you so much! Keep up the awesome job!
olivia d'trumpet chapter 39 . 6/11/2013
I love these characters so much, probably because I wish I was as awesome as they are. Kudos to you for putting your characters through some major shit.
JESUSFREAK-And-Proud-Of-It chapter 35 . 6/10/2013
These past several chapters have been phenomenal. I love the twist of Trizryn blocking (erasing?) Aija's memory of his near-death experience. The cliffhanger of Aija's discovery of Tesler's research makes me eager to read further!
I caught a grammatical error in chapter thirty three, but unfortunately I can't remember what it was. Hopefully it can be found.
Regarding the deaths of several of the characters that you built up the readers to love...wow! Incredibly courageous as a hotline twist and interesting. I was especially fascinated by K'tia's death, and the fact that Trizryn and Aija are still in the dark about the tragedy is another hook for me to continue reading. I am absolutely blown away. Great job, I look forward to the continuation and I thank you for the mind-expanding entertainment. I hope one day to be able to write stories as brilliant as this one.
Elenielwen chapter 33 . 6/8/2013
May i just once more say... I love these characters, I love their interaction, I love everything about them. Another chapter of perfection. Keep up the great work!
silly1 chapter 32 . 6/7/2013
It took me a while to realize you were posting more frequently than I was looking (now I understand the reason for 'following' a story-the emails alert you to a new chapter without fail!) so I was understandably confused as pieces didn't quite add up-once I realized, I went back and re-read the ones I missed, and it's really nice to read chapter after chapter and get the flow of the story. Of course, eventually I caught up. . . and now I can't help wondering what's going to happen next! I'm glad you explained how Trizryn became a vampire in the first place, and am looking forward to the eventual back story explaining all of that. All in all, it's a really good solid story.
silly1 chapter 24 . 6/7/2013
I'm loving this story-but-horde, not hoard. Horde is a big group. Hoard is a stash. :)
Elenielwen chapter 32 . 6/7/2013
Been following this from book one, and have to say this chapter is by far my favourite. I love the humor in this chapter. So far the story is very well written, very well done and I love to see where it's going. Keep up the good work!
2ndsammy chapter 29 . 6/6/2013
argh the revelations about Kassi and Ilisram and this chapter ending, you're killing me. At least the updates are daily, for now :D
MorWolfMor chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Ooh, interesting start :) I can't wait to continue reading! Reading from Kassi's perspective was an interesting change. But good :) until next time,

Wolfy
JESUSFREAK-And-Proud-Of-It chapter 10 . 5/16/2013
Phenomenal development of Beily in this chapter. I loved reading about her back-story and seeing her personality and her strength shine through in adverse conditions.
I caught one grammatical mistake ('now' instead of 'know' in one section of dialogue), but otherwise, as far as I can tell, its flawless!