Reviews for The Pledge Of One Conflicted
Exmoorpony chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Weird, yes. But very, very good. Poetry is weird. Anyone who looks knows that. XD If it wasn't weird, then the best authors wouldn't be studied in English class, their poems picked apart for symbolism.
Caroline chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
I, personally, love this. The rhyme scheme is not forced, has a great flow, and helps to add to the complete idea of structure in a society that the poem is describing.

Also, your ideas about the world are refreshing; in a way they are original, partly because of the way you've written, more likely the sparseness of perspective in human society. And this is for high school? We need leaders like you.
Vivechka chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I think your fellow high school students are weird for not getting this poem! You're definitely not wrong to hold this view - at least, not in my opinion. This poem reminds me of a quote I once heard that went "Kill ten people and you're serial killer, kill ten thousand and you're a war hero". Too often in history mass murder and genocide are depicted as the natural, moral or honourable action and I think your poem highlights that perfectly. I particularly loved the phrase "...acts of treason eventually look like acts of God in the history book".