Reviews for Strings of starlight
Yaoigoddess01 chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
That was epic! I could totally visualize it! Loved it! It was fun, funny, and crazy!
Lolitroy chapter 6 . 5/25/2013
This was your longest poem, I noticed.

Awesome imagery at the beginning! And I like the meaning behind the words :)
Faithless Juliet chapter 2 . 5/24/2013
I really liked the rhythm that you used toward the beginning half of the poem. I really though the verse was strong and the images were particularly powerful throughout this section. I do feel like the last half of the poem had a completely different cadence from how the poem started - it was more freeform, where the opening is more structured, and the voice is different as well. I think my only critique would be to pair those two halves closer together to make the poem stronger. Keep up the good work.

Much love,
Juliet.
NinaM chapter 6 . 5/21/2013
This is tragic, yet just amazing. You are officially my favourite poet. And actually, my first! Because as you know, I have never been a big fan of poetry but yours I just love.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
I loved the imagery in this poem, especially toward the beginning. The line "Darkness be our cover,/
Shadows be our eyes." was visually stunning to me, and it really helped set the scene of the piece. And what a wonderful voice! I absolutely loved the narrative voice, I thought it was open and playful. I think it made the idea of being a thief in the night sound adventurous and not quite so dark.

[Probably so, lets take lessons in acrobats./Youll do all the swinging, Ill do the thinking.] I love this line because it combines visuals and narrative voice in one. I rather enjoy the idea of jumping from rooftop to rooftop like an acrobat. You pulled it off very well.

Another thing I liked about this poem was the way it told a story. This definitely made the piece interesting and fun to read. The way you managed to incorporate suspense and humor is impressive. Good work!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
I like the offbeat humor of this. There are a lot of intricate subtleties that explode with detail and I thought the poem really came alive because of that. There were some places where the rhyming matched up but others where it didn't make sense so you might want to clean those areas up to sharpen the tone. I didn't care for the "meow" line, it felt awkward. It took me out of the reading when I saw that.

Juliet.
TheDorkyCelestialFlame chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
you're really good in poetry :)
NinaM chapter 2 . 5/16/2013
Clever, and really pretty. Farewell, oh many lovely nights :) I enjoyed this.
NinaM chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Fantastic, that had a really lively feel to it and made me think of Pirates of the Caribbean for a similar reason no doubt. I imagined a band of thieves like land pirates xD
It's all about the Story chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
This was funny and clever. I enjoyed reading it! Keep up the fun poems! I know that post you made in that forum said you will review for a review, does that include stories or just poems?
Kcripep chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
This is a really good poem. Love the
" Careful of her cookies.
They say theyre made of bats! "

Part. :)