Reviews for Failing at Life
chi chapter 28 . 6/20/2018
wow I thought...I don't know what I think...hahahaha OK good that you updated.

NEXT!,,!
omgxD chapter 28 . 5/20/2018
Noooo Aiden you're worth fighting for! Brain is still there for u! Dude he gave up his job for you and pretty much everything! Don't make all those sacrifices meaningless! But i'm Aiden will come back and they'll make up :3 Also I hope you're doing okay with dealing with your mom's death and your depression. Just remember your fans are always here for you :D

Also ya Still Suffering was one hell of a way to get into M/M xD It's like nope I couldn't have just started with fluffy cute, I just had to start with one that's dark and fucked up \("") I guess being a stalker doesn't give me a pass on knowing the character's motaviations? Awww man guess I'll just have to wait till next time you update~
AlphaWolf2017 chapter 28 . 5/17/2018
Damn...okay I won't speak on the length due to what you explained above (I feel ya on that one m8). Howeverl I am sad that Aiden simply took off like that. The situation may have been handled [briefly] but that doesn't mean he should just revert back to his old ways! Or...ya know, at least in my opinion.
Tejikot chapter 28 . 5/15/2018
Hey,

so, I think I'm a bit late to the party, am I not? Well, truth to be told, I started reading your stories about three weeks ago. Still quite late, but never mind. I'm sorry I didn't review anything before today, I just find it very wierd to write reviews for something that was posted and completed years ago. And, as you will probably notice, I'm not very good in writing reviews anyway. But, if you want to, I will write a review for every single chapter that I've read so far. Well, after my final exams. I'm afraid I don't have the time right now, but I'm all yours in two weeks or so.

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for writing all those awesome stories. And for updating them and not giving up on them. When I first found your stories, for some reason, I thought you didn't write anymore and all those unfinished stories would stay unfinished. Maybe because the first one I've read was unfinished. But I liked it so much, that I started reading your stories from the oldest ones that I was sure were complete. (I just hate unfinished stories, because I fall in love with them and then I don't know, what the author wanted to do with them, it's just so sad, I always want to know more.) Every time, I read the what-is-its-name... eh, the short text summarizing the plot of the story, you know what I mean... I was like "I'm not sure, this doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy, well, I'll try" and then, after the first chapter, it changed to "ok, this wasn't bad, this was actually good" and after fifth chapter "hey, who cares about the big test for tomorrow, this is perfect, I have to read it, I can't stop, please don't make me stop!". So, I read your stories (not all of them, but quite a few) instead of preparing for my finals. :-D And then I reached the first unfinished story and I was so sad, because it was a story I really loved. So, despite everything, I read the unfinished ones, too. I just wanted to know. Imagine my surprise when I found out you're still updating. I felt I could jump three meters in the air in excitement. More of those awesome stories. Can't wait :-)

Secondly, to this chapter, I think it was great. I mean, it may have been short and kind of depressing, but great. I really liked him struggling with calling Brian Mr. Lewis, like it could help him, make him stop loving that guy. Nope, that won't work buddy. This chapter was exactly the one that makes you soooo frustrated with the main character. You just want to shout at him "go back, you moron, stop running away" but you can't. On the other hand, this is, imho, the greatest love - sacrificing your own happines for the one you love. And I have a feeling this is what this guy is about. You can see it in the relationship with his brother. And, my most favourite part of this chapter - the ending. It shows how he disregards himself but also how Brian made him feel he was worth it. I hope they find the solution and get back together, but I guess it's just not that easy. You have a great talent making the readers fall in love with your characters and root for them. I haven't found one story of yours in which I didn't like the main character or the pairing. They are just great and, I think, believable. I guess life isn't all flowers and unicorns like some of the authors make you believe. I'm glad you write about other sides of life, the less pretty ones. Though I hope none of it is personal experience or anything close to it. Nobody should go through what some of your characters have to go through. Unfortunatelly, some people do.

Third, you told us about yourself, so I might as well return the favor. I'm a nineteen years old girl from the Czech Republic (so yeah, English is not my mother tongue, you might have noticed...), I'm in the last year of what would probably be called a high school and I have my finals in a little over a week. And I love reading. You might have noticed that, too. So, I should probably thank you for introducing me to this website. I mean, I found it thanks to your story, so, well, thanks. Enough about me.

I have a question for you: When you start a story, do you know how it will end? I mean, do you have a plan for the story, some kind of a main plot and then add to that plot as you go? Or you start a story and it grows and you don't know how it will end until you get there? Just curious. Your stories have very good plot lines, so. Yeah, just curious.

Ok, my first review ever is coming to an end. You're probably exhausted after all this. Sorry. I'm new to this whole thing. I just want to thank you again for writing and being who you are, because, despite the little thingy that I don't know you, I think you're an amazing person. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for a next chapter. Say hi to your characters, will ya?

Bye for now.
SydneyCarton chapter 28 . 5/13/2018
Oh my god.. thank you so so so SO much for updating! I love this story so much and it just got better... sadder but better. I'm hoping you'll update again soon! Thanks! :D
omgxD chapter 27 . 9/4/2017
"Hey I haven't went to Shady Shinigami's home page in a while"
*looks around*
*notices that she updated*
Holy heckkk. I-is this what I think it is!? THANK THE LORD SHE HAS SENT US BEAUTIFUL THINGS AHHHHAJDNKJGUYWKFLKWHEKF!

Ok, so first off, ur honestly my fav writer ever and the one who introduced me to M/M couples and stuff. The first story I read was "Still Suffering". I've been a fan for months now (that sounds stalkerish now that I think about it...) and I was too shy to review cuz I'm shy af when it comes to reviews...takes me a long time to actually review...AND ur Polly/ You/ Max/ Ben is so funny XD. I ship Bax and Men from the very bottom of my heart. One of these days u gotta make them canoan or a story of them (if u wanna, but if u ever get bored...that's an idea) they're my OTP!

Now for the actual chapter. Brain's okay! I thought he'd be in jail forever and never get to see Aiden again, but I was wrong! Ha! And Markus...dude, what is his deal?! He's crazy...he can't be that against Aiden. My theory is that he has a crush on him or just hates hates hates hates hates hates HATES him from the bottom of his soul. Or both. And Aiden...noooo! Don't run away! Stay with Brain...my ship...And Adien's mom is a b!tch, but I think I've known that fact a looong time ago. Oh, and so is the dad. Expect not as bad. I feel kinda bad for him cuz the mom left and crap, but that doesn't excuse his behavior. I like how u made it bad teacher/ bad student. There's not a lotta stories with that out there. One more thing, Andrew is the best and nicest and cutest character ever (But I have to say, Aiden is my favorite)

Crap, that moment when u write a five paragraph essay review and feel like it's useless trash and that no one will read it cuz it's as boring as shit and wayyy to long. (aka. me everywhere day) Er..srry for the making u read the longest thing ever (Probably more words than a whole damn library) Anyways, can't wait 'till the next chapter! Update as fast as u can, but don't pressure urself or anything, k?

Cheers, Insanity, and Cupcakes,

Me
Chi chapter 27 . 9/2/2017
hmmm, hope you are getting better?(about being depressed), it's nice reading this chapter, hope it won't get depressed ( I mean the story)*winks**not mocking though*cos am lazy to read such stories#. Hope I will get to read the next chapter soon..( lots of Hope!). Actually I like your stories , but I wish you update fastly no pressure, take your time. Hugs from me too. bye, see you soon.*-*-*
SydneyCarton chapter 27 . 8/21/2017
I WILL PAY YOU UP TO FIFTY DOLLARS FOR THIS STORY TO BE CONTINUED I AM NOT JOKING PLEASE I AM TOO CAUGHT UP AND IVE BEEN REVISITING THIS STORY FOR A WHILE AND NOW I NOTICED IT WAS UPDATED AND NOW I NEED TO KNOW THANK YOU THE OFFER STILL STANDS
Islanzadiblack chapter 1 . 8/19/2017
This is a really amazing story. I've read one which is slightly similar to this but from the Harry Potter fandom.
I just want to say that you're doing a really brilliant job and I hope you keep writing. You honestly make the day for people like me who wait for their email notification to say that an author like you has updated.
I hope you start feeling better soon.
drumline chapter 1 . 8/13/2017
I love this! I am addicted!
Nugget chapter 27 . 8/13/2017
I'm so happy you updated this! I'm still here. I love this story. I don't mind you taking so long to update; this story is worth the wait! :D
The Red Dove chapter 27 . 8/10/2017
This site's not letting me sign in for some reason but hey! It let me read this totally amazing chapter so that's cool, looks like we're in for a bunch of drama now though, looking forward to see how that plays out! And don't worry, I'm not bothered by long waits, you're stuck with me until the end.

Also hey, I know how it feels to be alone, it really sucks, but know that all of your followers, me included, really appreciate you and hope everything will turn out better for you soon. Please take care, we all love you!
alatum Cloud chapter 27 . 8/9/2017
I'm so happy everything worked out. (Sort of) But I'm also peeved at Aiden. I mean, what's the point of leaving Brian if he's already fired? Like if there was a chance he could keep his job, then I would understand. But Brian already lost everything. But I can understand where Aiden's coming from. But poor Andrew. We all know Andrew would rather be homeless with Aiden than have a home without him. And Aiden needs to realize that he's never really alone. He has people who love him dearly. Who are willing to fight for him.
GirlFromNippon chapter 26 . 8/8/2017
PPS. I mean...all I'm trying to say is that you are not alone that there will be and are so many people around you who do care about you... and I am one of them.

Sakura
GirlFromNippon chapter 27 . 8/8/2017
I must say first that...I still have not read this new chapter yet partly because I had promised myself that if a new chapter ever came up I would enjoy reading the whole chapters all over again and...most importantly, because I could not wait any second to get back to you... *hugs you gently - pat, pat*

Um...you're not alone feeling that way.
You know, ever since my Dad passed away back in 2014, it has always been just my Mum and me because my brother had already left home.

And 2 years ago, my grandma got injured while doing the gardening. And although she's already recovered, she insists she's not fine that she doesn't want to be alone ( Her husband had already gone. ). So my Mum and her sister now take turns spending three days at her house which is pretty far from where they live.

So, I'm practically alone all the time in the house that was built for a family of four.

And...this April, I decided to quit my job because of the harassment I have received from my supervisor.
So, I'm between jobs.

One of my two beggest dreams I have always wanted to see come true since 2004(!) is to go work and live in Norway where my Norwegian grandpa is waiting for me... :') ...which still sounds so far away.

And...well, most of my friends live far away from where I currently live, so I rarely see them.

You know, at the end of the day when the sun is about to go down while I do the job-hunting on-line...sometimes I cannot help myself but wonder whether I'll ever get out of here finally and see my dream come true... and very sometimes, I feel like crying and dying a little which I keep all inside because I don't want to worry my Mum.

But then I think of my friend who died of breast cancer at the age of 24. She had told me...

'Just think that how special and wonderful it is that you still have "tomorrow" that you sleep at night and you can still wake up the very next day.'

So, taking my own life...is the last thing I'll ever want to do, believe me.

Sorry that I seem to be rambling on and on about something that has nothing to do with you, but...I just wanted you to know, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Oh...btw...as for the other future dream of mine... well, it's to live to be more than just 100 years old like...110, 115... You know, believing that I live that long and still have 70 years left to live just gives me extra power and energy to go through any kind of trouble and try new things ! :)

PS. Oh, you know, I've never had a boyfriend myself because...when I was 9, I was sexually molested by an older man in the park in my neighbourhood. It was just touching all over where nobody could see... but touching was bad enough. So I've been kind of afraid of boys and men which I finally got over several years ago. Well, now I'm cured enough to say... if I ever met somebody I can trust with all my heart and would like to spend the rest of my life with, I would be ready to be with him, yes.

Sakura from Japan with love