Reviews for Worthless
RadicalRadicals777 chapter 4 . 4/4/2014
I like how you make the cars have feelings and different attitudes like they are all different and special, unique in their own way!
RadicalRadicals777 chapter 3 . 4/4/2014
There is a lot of information here about a car I have never heard of. I learned a lot in this chapter.
RadicalRadicals777 chapter 2 . 4/4/2014
This chapter is so sad. It kind of reminds me of the other story you did. The main car is so sad and lonely. I'd take it out of the junkyard and adopt him.
RadicalRadicals777 chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
This looks interesting. I've never read a story about cars before.
HFGLF 2 chapter 9 . 2/20/2014
I'm sort of on the run, so I'll give you a semi-short or short review. This chapter was emotional, both for the cars and for their masters. 52 and Blake have a nice relationship and I hope that it can see the light in the darkness through Blake
HFGLF 2 chapter 8 . 2/20/2014
What you do with this story is truly amazing, given what you have to go through writing a car's point of view without making it seem boring. You have a wonderful job at characterizing the cars, and you make each one so different that I don't get confused. I'm not a conessieur of cars but I do know a bit about the old classics.

The race was great, and you made it exciting even though it was a straight stretch of road. I also liked how you managed to make it seem close between the two until they reached the near finish, and the incident with Nash made it complex and put Expresso's feelings to the test.

King and Expresso are good contrasts to each other, which makes them very interesting. Poor King took it's loss hard. I do think that King is a lot more complex than people think, and that it had a lot of hidden fears. King also seems to have a bit of bitterness to it. It makes the car seem so human.

Lastly, the part about cars and dogs really made me think about your logic behind it. You're actually right about that, you know. I love my dogs, but my car doesn't complain, no matter how much I complain about it. Makes me want to go apologize to it. XD
HFGLF 2 chapter 7 . 2/20/2014
Sorry if my review is short. My laptop is dying on me so I have to make this semi-quick. I promise a longer review next time.

On to the chapter-

I really like the changes that Expresso and King underwent. You made everything make sense. I liked the part about the whole "life is a highway" concept. I also like the development of King and Expresso. Nice job!
HFGLF 2 chapter 6 . 2/20/2014
There are a lot of conflicting sides in this chapter. One on hand- there's Metro- the opposing opinion and defensive on street racing because it nearly experienced it's own death at the hands (or tires) of King and Phantom's street race. Then, there's Nash- the mediator who basically says "everything dies, and cars are insubordinate to their masters. Anything that happens as a result is the fault of the one behind the wheel. Sitting idly, cars don't kill people." There's King- who accepts the consequences of it's actions and seems pretty knowledgeable of what it does and yet, it can't help it either and seems to feel guilt. There's also Expresso- the car being chosen to take a side, the one who sees all points of view and doesn't want to hurt anyone with it's choice between family and friends.

If Metro wasn't so derogatory, it could have been a very emotional character and seemed less of a bad guy in that situation. I still see things from that point of view and don't blame it for being mad but it's approach was uneffective.

Too bad Expresso had to move away. I was enjoying Nash and Metro. I hope they make cameos later on. I'd love to see more of them
HFGLF 2 chapter 5 . 2/20/2014
This is actually a deep chapter in several different ways. The licence plate ordeal at the beginning was very interesting. To Expresso, it was like stripping someone of their identity and being pushed back to seeming like a face in the crowd. I also like how King pointed out that that not all masters love their cars as much as Expresso's master loved it.

King seems to be very on edge, but it has a good sense of morals and integrity. I think I'd describe King as an old daredevil full of wisdom and a good sense of sportsmanship. It may be rugged, but that car will probably be a good influence on Expresso.

Phantom seems like a very tough serious car whose seen a lot of damage and danger in it's life. I also like the relationship between Phantom and King.

Headhunter seemed more brawn than brain and sort of dense, but it knew it's racing rules and history. I didn't like Headhunter as much as I did Phantom and King. I actually think Phantom was the most interesting of the street racers.

I like how you depicted the Cannonball Runs and made an interesting alternate world through the racing vehicles. Also, the darker side of street racing was something that I found interesting. Most fiction pieces try to glorify it and make it exciting, like anyone could just go and start street racing, but you make it into something with duality. You pose the cons as well as the glorified adrenaline rush.

I like how the races made the Superbird very skeptical and almost meek about talking to the other cars. They all made Expresso feel so normal.

The event where King nearly flipped over was very suspenseful and I caught myself trying to hurry through paragraphs just to know if King would be alright. I think, even though King had brushed it off, it feared it in small ways.

Finally, I like the inventive explanation of the Superbird's name. I never would have thought about that.
HFGLF 2 chapter 4 . 2/20/2014
Well, as I was reading this, I couldn't help but notice an advertisement for new cars as the banner at the top of the page. Ironic, no?

There were a lot of note-worthy things about this chapter. You never cease to amaze and astonish me in characterization, even amoung characters as simplistic as cars. If not for the one use of hell and the dark overtones of the story's first chapter, as it is now, it could have easily had a G rating as a children's story.

So far, your characters are relatable and come from different backgrounds, which makes for a wide array of cast members. The story behind Gary's death with #7 shows how badly the death of a family member can impact and make impressions on people. Blake's mother's association of XPRESSO with other racing cars is judgement on the bad of what she's seen and his father giving up on racing and retiring early is also an example of how badly a subject like that can affet a family decision.

The abandonment of #52 was also tragic in it's own right, showing what the affects of a situation like that can do to someone with extreme guilt, or someone who is judged by the actions of another in a negative way. #52 is the ultimate downside to depression and representation of guilt. Out of all of the cars, I feel the most for it.

However, I don't know the full extent of XPRESSO's story.

Nash is like the wise old man who's been through it all and has traveled the road to life (pardon the pun). Looking back at the first chapter, Nash was like a role model for XPRESSO, so I am thinking that somewhere in this story, XPRESSO learns that Nash is right about his 'dark depiction of reality'. I think, out of all of the cars so far, I like Nash the most. It reminds me a lot of myself.

The Barracuda is the wild rebel, not afraid to live on the high side of life and take risks. In it's own right, it could be a very influencial character - good or bad. Being a street racer is illegal, but despite that, I can't judge it because the car only does what it's master tells it to so it wasn't as if the Barracuda had a choice in the matter.

I do love the part about scars being battle wounds and showing that if you go through life with a reminder of your wounds, you should wear them with pride if they were for a cause you believed in. Despite it's wild nature, I think the Barracuda has a weird honor code.

It interests me
HFGLF 2 chapter 3 . 2/20/2014
Another wonderful and symbolic chapter that deals with innocence, acceptance and fitting into a new family who has high expectations and judgements of you. It also deals with putting up with someone who doesn't like you and it still touches on death and moving on from painful experiences.

I wonder what the Nash will add to the story
HFGLF 2 chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
Believe it or not, this story actually could have a large influence on the modern laws against ageism. The parents of the time of this story's timeline could easily identify with this car. From "don't have the heart to live in the fast lane" to the year this car was made. As odd as this might sound, this is a very powerful chapter. It dealt with the bleak inevitability of one's own mortality, no matter what you've done in your life. because we are a throwaway society. Its easier nowadays to buy something new than to in most cases fix a simple problem in something.
HFGLF 2 chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
This is very unique. I like your take on it so far. I'm sure any car would hate to be considered worthless. Makes me wonder how my car would feel now.
King Corn chapter 9 . 2/14/2014
Why did I not review this? I read it. Geez, I'm retarded. Oh and Happy New Year! I am giving you my first review of the year on a very deserving story! There's so much going on in this chapter both King and 52 are really interesting characters! I have a question. Will Expresso ever meet or go up against another Superbird?
King Corn chapter 8 . 2/14/2014
You're great at writing action scenes for races. I love that you make this story so interesting. I'd seriously have a hard time even doing anything like this. Your characters are deep and they lead exciting lives, despite their limitations. That's pretty cool!
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »