Reviews for Cosmic Latte
Inu-Inu's Midget Friend chapter 2 . 9/5/2013
Another great chapter! I can't wait to see how this goes!
ReldanWater chapter 2 . 7/6/2013
Awesome so far! I'm surprised you got me into the story, I usually don't read things like this, but I'm hooked! More please!
Richard S. O'Day chapter 2 . 6/23/2013
The change in setting does not catch the reader off guard, as most prologues are in a different setting then the main story. The characters that you have established so far are colorful and distinctive. I am still not quite sure what is going on, but I feel that is intended in order to make the reader want more. I want to see where this goes.
Richard S. O'Day chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
A very good prologue. The story is well written and you are very good at painting the picture and establishing the scene. I am not completely sure what is going on, but I assume that is part of the intrigue. The ending leaves the reader wondering and wanting to know where this story will go. Good opening, and I want to see where this goes!
Revamp chapter 2 . 6/18/2013
Star has to be my favorite character so far. She quirky and eccentric. She's also comolex and interesting. Moon and Sav are also likable characters. Sav seems to be the reserved one of the bunch.

I can't wait to seewhere this is going. My only critique is that i'm is I'm. That's a minor fix. The rest is well-written and interesting. Great start.
cmaej chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
I'm not confused at all about the change in setting. The first chapter feels like a prologue.

You have some very colorful characters, literally and figuratively. I can't wait to see what other species exist in your story world. Poor Moon; she's seems to be the nerdy sibling while Star is the diva.

I like cookies.
cmaej chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
The story seems intriguing and your description of the ladybug queen as her kingdom gets consumed was touching. The final goodbyes from the second-in-command was heart-wrenching, as well. I hope to see him again, even though he is unnamed at this point.

The creature that destroyed the ladybug kingdom reminds me of Galatus from Marvel Comics. Was it inspired by that character?
Beccyluo chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
Haha energy is neither created nor destroyed; sounds like my science lessons!
This chapter left me with even more questions than the last! Everything is so new and hectic and fresh, I'm really wondering right now how you'll bring everything together. Interesting *strokes beard and munches on the cookie you just gave me*
Beccyluo chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
You're not updating your other work as much so here I am satisfying my reading cravings with this new story it's just as random and manga-influenced as your other one, but I must say that it is a lot more serious. I'm glad you cleared things up for me at the end because I was a little confused throughout! Now with the author notes in mind, I read it again and suddenly everything starts to make a lot more sense. And wowwww a ladybug-human? That IS creative, even in anime/manga terms. Normally they use dogs and cats and mammals and stuff, glad you put a different twist to it by making it an insect.
BabyChan12 chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
"Coming! Coming!" a stressed voice came from behind the blue door as it opened inwards. Behind it stood a fox-kind with straight waist length hair beginning with a colour as black as the midnight sky flowing to scarlet red and ending with a rainbow pink. Beneath her mass of hair a pair of mauve furred ears similar to a foxes fluttered. Her dark tail was streaked with white, braided and at the end a golden moon trinket. In her free hand she held a towel.

Is that soot on her face? Savera squinted at the fox-kinds canine countenance.

"Careful! They have teeth!" Moon shouted as they both ducked out of the way of fishes big and small. After an interval, the fishes began their floating around nonchalantly again. Moon grabbed Savera wrist and carefully led her into the room past the living room, passing a curtain of beads that played the role of a door, away from the queer aquatic creatures.

"Theyre experiments, the universities new guinea pigs. The fishes bodies are made such that they repel gravity. Were still conducting studies on it as well as the plants."

:D It's good, though I still don't know what is going on. And there are a lot of weird creatures too, so it's also hard to keep track of them all. Are you going to use the method of jumping from one character's life to another totally irrelevant one's life and finally tie it all up? If so, I guess it would be pretty hard... Well, to me at least it is xD

And I'll be commenting on the one thing I'm sure in: Grammar! :D
1. "Like most scientists rooms" - scientists' rooms. The rooms belong to the scientists, hence the apostrophe denoting possession of something.
2. "sisters lack" - same as above
3. "kunais" - no possession or anything for which the apostrophe might be used, therefore it should be simply plural. (kunais, I guess? Not too sure on Japanese words made plural with 's')
4. "anrgy" - typo
5 "Ouch! I thought her how to cook..." - the 'thought' used here is the past tense of 'think'. What you meant here is Sav teaching Moon about cooking, and the past tense for 'teach' is 'taught'

And clarifications next
1. "Sav decided that the wise thing to do was change the subject. Arguing with Moon was like commanding the two moons to move faster." - Two moons? Is it an idiom or something? Cause if so, I wouldn't really know; I'm really bad with them.
2. "I bet she doesnt even own a comb.
Ouch! I thought her how to cook..." - These both were in italics. The italics used throughout the whole chap were Sav's thoughts, am I right? Though, making that a bit more clear, perhaps by writing Moon's or Star's names in the thoughts instead of 'she' or 'they', would probably help.
LieutenantWaffle chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
Hi again! Well like you said in the description before the story,it was a little confusing seeing this after reading chapter 1,but meh I'm willing to wait and see where this goes. I like the characters so far though,and the fish that can swim in air is a cool idea! Overall I liked this,and I wanna see what this will have to do with what was in chapter 1. Like I said last chapter,keep up the good work :D
LieutenantWaffle chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I liked it! I wanna know more now,like what exactly is this eater? Why is it destroying worlds? And where did the people go? If a story makes me want to know answers to questions like these and more,then I think it was a darn good first chapter. I'll be awaiting the next chapter,keep up the good work :D
Inu-Inu's Midget Friend chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Loved this little start of a story. I believe it has the potential to be something great and I hope that you continue with it. Instant faveorite.
Revamp chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I love this short little prologue. Your characters are clearly defined and unique. I admit I probably wouldn't have felt as enamored by this if it were a neko girl instead of a ladybug woman. The nursery rhyme was genius as well. Wonderful start. I can't wait to see what's ahead in this wonderful piece.
Psykofreac chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Well at the moment it's just the prologue, which are usually meant to lead to something bigger. So even though there is some intrigue about the whole crisis here, I can't say much about it yet. Hope to learn more about the characters and setting soon.