Reviews for Striking Fire
story chapter 7 . 6/26/2014
Hanna so needs to go down. she is the poster child for bitch.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 6/26/2014
Finally! I've been waiting for months for an update. Great job, btw.
Long live the magic chapter 6 . 12/23/2013
I've been waiting patiently for five months but curiosity is killing me. Unlike cats I don't have nine lives though so I can't just come back like the curious cat. Please update as soon as you can [read: SOON]. Thank you for your wonderful story.
DangerBird chapter 6 . 9/23/2013
You are a great storyteller.
This is a very well paced read from the beginning to the end and it's easy to follow the story line. Though I personally find 'supernatural freak in high school' type of stories not really original, you added a personal touch to it and actually manage to capture your reader!
Job well done!
I like the way you describe the little, boring town of Jerome as dull and never changing. It is understandable and rather authentic that people in such places tent to avoid new things.
I must admit that I thought the outright hatred towards Avery at the beginning was a bit over the top. As I got further into the story, I readied that it was properly due to her actually being a 'freak'. It's probably something the other students sensed. :-)
There is one tiny little thing that I would to point out though: we learn at the beginning that Eli has been with Hanna for three months and that he would like to break it off. Than he keeps on complaining about the girl, which is rather understandable as she doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities whatsoever. That makes we wonder: how did they get together in the first place? And why doesn't he tell her to fuck off already when he so obviously hates her?
Personally, I would suggest getting rid of those over-emphasized words you put in italics because I find them completely unnecessary - but hey, it's your story and it's is a good one!
I'm looking forward to read on!
girlsruntheworld7 chapter 6 . 8/29/2013
Hey, you're back! :D I thought this chapter was really good! I missed this story so much! I really liked this chapter (like u already said) and I really hope eli just breaks up with Hanna really quickly! Avery is a firebender, right? Because it kind of reminds me of my own story, only with a completely different setting and plot to mine. Im looking forward to the next chapter!
CassHughes chapter 6 . 8/28/2013
I am SO happy you updated! I literally paused a new episode of my favorite show to read this.

I do wish it was a bit longer, but I know how difficult it can be dealing with writers block. Best of luck breaking through that figurative barrier! I look forward to reading more :)
Guest chapter 6 . 8/28/2013
update soon! Please! Pretty soon! Please! Love this story! It's perfect!
girlsruntheworld7 chapter 5 . 6/18/2013
This was another really good chapter! It's so sad about his parents though... awwwww :'( But it makes the story much better and lets you empathise with him, because I feel so sorry for him - and Molly's so cute
Daughter of Athena x chapter 5 . 6/16/2013
Ooooh! Interesting... :P love it
CassHughes chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
Yay! Was having a bad day until this popped up in my inbox. Gah, this so made me smile :)
Daughter of Athena x chapter 4 . 6/11/2013
Wow, the dream part was seriously amazing! I loved that bit the most but the whole chapter was just really really good! :)
CassHughes chapter 4 . 6/10/2013
I love this story so much! Really cannot wait till you update this :)
CheapOldRelic8201 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo. burn
girlsruntheworld7 chapter 3 . 6/6/2013
Hi!
This was another really great chapter! I wonder why Hephaestus was branded into her skin... but I know Hephaestus is the Greek God of Fire (and blacksmiths) and she controls fire. I liked it a lot! Please update soon!
Daughter of Athena x chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
Thanks for updating so quickly! Aww poor Molly! And I love Avery and can't wait to find out more about her! :)