Reviews for Lover's Song
Wildcat227 chapter 1 . 12/5/2017
wow
Work-in-progress519 chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
I really like this, it's sad but i still like it for it's own reasons
D. M. Robb chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
This is a beautifully written poem that tells a poignant story. Your descriptions are lovely and I can feel the narrator's wistful longing for a love that he can never get back. Good job!
MysteriousFire chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
A very nice story! I had to read it trice to finally understand it though xD
I feel sorry for the sailor. He has to miss his love all the time, and when he sees her he knows it'll hurt afterwards.
I love the emotion in this! :)
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I like the imagery in this piece because I could feel the sadness of the sailor for losing his love and then at the end how he seemed to welcome pain/death just to be reminded of something which had lost. That makes this such a sweet and sad poem. I think this is such a great poem, one you should be proud of and unique way to present losing love. A small suggestion, I would I wouldn't repeat "The song that..." for three lines; perhaps for lines 3 and 4 you could do something like: " It eased me whilst at sea/But was silenced when death knocked upon my lover's door." That's just a small suggestion but apart from that I have to say this is a great piece. I really like it. :)
CRAZEDbySUGAR chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
so beautiful
yet...the last line "and regret nothing" still makes me laugh XD everything else kind of just pulls at my heart strings
still that last line...I always hear it in Cosmo's voice from Fairly Odd Parents or another cartoon character XD not sure why I just do...
thegirlwhocouldfly chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Ok this is really cool. I like the imagery you used. I can feel the emotions-almost bitter. Full of sorrow. I like the last four lines. Some people are addicted to pain. It reminds some people that they're truly alive. Sad, I know.
As I was reading this for the third time, I was thinking that we need to do a collaboration based on this. Kind of silly, but I know you like fantasy. A mermaid/sailor love story? Think about it and let me know :)
Summer dragon chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
I lovee it! How can it be such a sad yet suitable ending! :'''(

Love is painful. (Yet I haven't experienced it myself) xD