Reviews for Lamia's Fists
HeyCharles chapter 1 . 5/3/2021
I am amazed with your storytelling, great job! I will recommnd this book to my friends. And by the way, NovelStar is currently conducting a writing competition - You have a great potential.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2016
This seems pretty interesting! The only thing that really bothered me was that you keep having Lea wear jeans, and I don't understand how she is able to wear jeans when she has a tail? Is it like one-legged jeans or something?
sherlock shpee chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
I like it so far, But I've noticed a few points you could have gotten through with less words. Less words equals sharper, more pleasant prose.

for example "Her mother decided to name her Lea," could also be rendered "Her mother named her Lea,"

"Lea cut her hear to neck length and started to disguise herself" can be rendered "Lea cut her hair and disguised herself"

Check out BeKindAndWrite, it has some articles to improve this area.
Noderlol chapter 21 . 1/14/2014
Things are heating up, huh? Will be interesting to see where you take the match in the upcoming chapters. Lea certainly isn't in a good spot, that's for sure. I would advise you to maybe break up the paragraphs of fighting in two or even three, as it can get somewhat tedious to follow once you're right in the middle of one. Looking forward to next update!
Serpico chapter 18 . 11/30/2013
Ouch, guess not every fight can be easy. Not that most have been, heh. Looking forward to seeing the continuation of the fight!
Serpico chapter 13 . 10/19/2013
Tactical fighting action! Looking forward to seeing where the fight goes next chapter!
Zefeh chapter 8 . 10/8/2013
But I would like to point out that your fight scene's are AMAZING!
Saw that you where actively updating this so I figured I'd add another comment to say,
"I might sound REALLLLY mean and harsh but you really do have a good gem of a story here. Keep it up, fix the small little things and you will do great. It's a great story!"

Grammar is a problem many people have when writing. It's the biggest problem in the English language so don't worry too much about it. When you write a sentence, read it aloud to check if it sounds good. If you don't know the spelling, GOOGLE IT! Besides the grammar, this is a great story!
So, sorry for being a bit mean. .
Zefeh chapter 7 . 10/8/2013
I stopped here because of a requiring theme.
I've practiced Tae Kown Do for 8 years and then went back to my Dojo 2-3 years later to spar with an old friend.

You DO NOT FORGET the training you've had in any time span.
In this chapter and chapters before you've constantly made characters talk to Lea like she knows NOTHING ABOUT BOXING! She was a FORMER CHAMPION! That takes YEARS of practice and something that you devote your life to and therefore you DO NOT forget what a JAB is. I was shocked that you had a character explain to a former champion what a jab was and it happens multiple times.

That problem and your inability to spell " I'm " and instead using "Am" every time drove me nuts.
Zefeh chapter 3 . 10/8/2013
I'm a read this all the way to the end BUT

Would it KILL YOU to use dam QUOTATION MARKS?
It's not that difficult.
"Yada yada," said baba,"Yadaya."
"Yadayada," said baba. "sdkfja;ldskfj;aldskfj;ldskf;adlskf!"
I mean, I love this story but for the love of god, WHY DON'T YOU USE QUOTE'S .
Serpico chapter 11 . 9/25/2013
Focus on character development and introspection this chapter I see. The huge frisbee paragraph might benefit from being broken up some for readability, but otherwise a nice chapter. More of a calm and less eventful one.
Serpico chapter 10 . 9/7/2013
My word, actual romantic development! Well, 'development' since our leads are oblivious, but nevertheless. Raises the fighting stakes as well, it does. Looking forward to the next chapter!
HentaiLemon chapter 9 . 8/27/2013
I'm loving it so far. The fighting scenes are amazing and descriptive. It's nice to see Julie again thou. Lea should tell Julie that's she's a boxer, instead of having her find out on her own.

Keep it up, yeah,
HentaiLemon
Serpico chapter 7 . 7/28/2013
Things are progressing! Interesting to see how Lea does once she starts fighting again, though probably better than her romantic life at least! Looking forward to the next one.
Noderlol chapter 5 . 7/11/2013
Things are heating up! The next fight promises to be exciting, looking forward to it!
Noderlol chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
Interesting! I do enjoy fantasy-settings quite a bit. Not a big fan of your using lines to mark dialogue, but oh well. I'd definitely keep reading if there's more!