Reviews for Answering Machines
AyEIOuU chapter 1 . 2/20/2017
This is old alright, but it's hilarious and I wanna tell you that. I did get confused by who is speaking sometimes though.
BrokenDreamer529 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
This story is adorable :D. I like the style you wrote it in, I thought it was rather unique.

I also might feel a little bit special because my name was used at the end X)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
heyitsstupidme chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
That was a really good idea and even though it was so short, I could get an impression of the characters. I really enjoyed reading this and it was very funny. Poor Thomas :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
S.H. Marr chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I think it's adorable. I also think it's kind of creative to get a story told like this. Sequel with Tommy and Erik?
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Loved this!
Darkness Dawn chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Interesting concept. I've never encountered a story that was composed of messages left on someone's answering machines. I've read stories with that IN it, but not the entire story composed of just that. It's a unique concept and it's something that would be hard to write well because of the constant switching between voice mails. I was glad as I was reading through that you had a good grasp on formatting and grammar because I know this would have been downright painful to read if you didn't have a grasp on those things.

There were some errors that I noticed, like the ever so common "your" and "you're", but my mind autocorrects to the right one these days so I barely notice when someone else uses the wrong one. Another issue I had (and it may have been just me) was that it was hard to follow who was leaving what voice mail. It could have been just me and my inability to follow some things at times. After a while, I found a bit of a pattern with them and followed it, so it was easier for me to understand.

I would have liked to have more in depth analysis of the characters, but that's just me and my attention to detail. It would have been interesting to read about what kind of characters they were. Yes, you could get a grasp on it based on the voice mails, but I still found myself craving to know more about them. It shows you created some interesting characters, even without mentioning much about them, and having their only action through dialogue.

I felt like Tommy was some kind of faceless person, because you never talked about who he was. All we know is that he set them up and that's it. We don't know anything else. We do get a bit of an idea of who he is based on his greeting for his answering machine, but again, that's me and wanting to know more about another person's creations.

All in all, this was an enjoyable read, albeit a little confusing to follow at first. Keep up the good work and continue to write! The more you write, the more you learn, and the better you become.
WhiteTigress27 chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I liked it. It was really funny