Reviews for Million To One
DappledKarma chapter 39 . 5/7/2015
Welcome back, Zikku. Was just thinking about MTO earlier today before I knew this chapter was out, heh.

Finally, best girl has returned! (Sorry Sena, you're awesome too, but nothing can eclipse my everlasting love for Etoile) Makes sense that she wouldn't need rescuing since she's essentially the tank of the group. And sounds like she's back to her old self. Now I'm just waiting for Aeolus to take hold of her and kiss her on the spot(tilde). :3

Love the irony of Jay's accusal of Markov. He's projecting himself so hard onto the guy. Too bad no one took notice. (Or did they? Nah, probably not. No reason to. Yet. Maybe. Dunno. XD) I've no clue where you're going with Jay's character and it excites me. As for Markov, sounds like he was in a war, maybe a rebellion of some sort. He's pretty keen on camaraderie.

lol, Sena tryna cuddle with Camera. She should try to do it with him for as long as possible, to make up for all those years of never getting to hug him. XD

MTO Quote of the Month: It was odd... I felt like I had just witnessed the end of someon else's journey. The conclusion to another story that I would never know of. The way our lives criss-cross and intersect can be truly mysterious.

Well said, Camera. Just goes to show how vast and infinite the world is to the human experience.
DappledKarma chapter 38 . 3/27/2015
Another layer of Camera's depth revealed...

Oho. That's a mighty big claim, that first paragraph, and something I don't entirely agree with. But this is what I love about a lot of (well-written) first person stories - delving deeply into the intricate mind of a person. Like Aeolus said, the more you find about Camera, the more you wanna know about him. If he were an onion, he'd have lots o' layers - and he'd make you cry more often. Can't wait for more to get peeled back! (Slightly off-topic but relevant: Camera reminds me of Younger Toguro, one of my favorite villains in general, in this regard. (Sensui overrated.) :P)

I do like how quiet this moment was for Camera, his calm rationalizing of what took place. Usually in fiction it's all melodramatic and shiz, but here there's just this numb feeling. I imagine a lot of people in similar situations feel the way Camera does - and I don't think it's wrong or right to feel that way. Glad he decided to remember that man's name, though. It is the least he can do.

I laughed ('twas one of slight humor but mostly despair) when Aeolus mentioned Etoile being gone for so long. Hah. Try waiting months upon months, bud, it's friggin' agonizing! Also, I laughed harder when Camera broke the fourth wall. Usually I dislike that kind of thing, but Aeolus' reaction and Camera's line afterward got me, lol.

This teasing of Aeolus x Etoile and Aeolus x Camera is killing me. 'Bout to get ma pitchfork up in 'ere, y'know what I'm sayin', man? Either he makes out and cuddles with one or the other, but these teases are driving me nuts. On second thought f*ck it - give me Aeolus x Camera x Etoile (ACE) please. I need sweet polyamory in my life. XD

And the Jay man himself revealing some depth, unsurprisingly, given the things he's done. Like I said last chapter, knew he'd be more than A-OK with Camera's decision.

What I'm about to say isn't a criticism per se, but I feel like the conversation between the two of them is laid out too thick. As it is now - and maybe this is your exact intent - it just feels like a hasty way of making statements that are relevant to our world, if that makes sense. Just saying I think it could be done more subtly. But then again, sometimes trying to get a point across is better done the Winston Churchill way. ("If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.")

First time I've ever heard of Black Dolphin Prison. Zikku-sensei teaching his readers about things everyday (err, month). It's kind of horrific that they just leave them to rot like that. As I read through, I was just thinking: "Why don't they just kill them?" I mean, as far as I can tell, it's a complete waste of time letting those people live. Maybe it goes back to that primal instinct thing - torturing another human being as a statement, to let them know they are below you and you are superior in every single way. Whatever the case, I don't like it and I agree with Camera. How the hell is Markov gonna explain this one?

Btw, error here: 'This is make sure the inmates can never get a feel of the layout of the prison.' *to

Million To One Quote of the Month: "Oh will you two just kiss already!?", Deux-fois shouted.

Even though there were a lot of great lines this chapter, Deux-fois proved to be the master of the art of perfect timing and one liners. Dat cyber girl always bringing a smile to my face. :)

PS: o.O face your beginning A/N note, Zikku. 180,000 words in two years and thought you were gonna be past this point already o.O

Honestly, I'm hoping to one day see MTO entries released at least twice a month. The waiting time is depressing and I end up forgetting some things. As always though, do take your time. I shall wait patiently. Seriouslythoughpleasepleasepleasewithachocolatecherryontopwritequickerandwritemore! MOARRRRRRRRRRRRR wtoiwththwoihtgniurhtueoih
DappledKarma chapter 37 . 3/8/2015
If I were to compile a list of my favorite entries, this one would be pretty high up there.

*drumroll* And the award for best imouto goes to... Sena! Need I really say more? *drops mic and walks away... and returns shortly thereafter* All right, fiiiiiiiine. You know someone's awesome when they can positively affect the worldview of a dangerous and cynical man like White Rose. I loved every bit of her little speech, very wise words. I didn't expect her to react like that. It was sad and heartwarming at the same time; a little shounen-ish too! My fondness for Sena grows with each chapter, and I'm sure Camera feels the same. Hope she'll be back to one hundred percent when she wakes up. I wonder how she's going to react to what Camera did, assuming she finds out about it.

Poor Black Lotus. She was just doing her job, Singe; no need to use a Hammer of Dawn on her like that. Jeez, that robot is such a prick. Can't wait to see him get dismantled. Also, small suggestion: add Black Lotus' reaction to White Rose giving the antidote to Sena. Just thought it might be interesting, plus it'll feel less like her death came completely out of nowhere. (Poor sod only got mentioned for like three lines and died in the first one!)

So that's why Simon behaves like that... damn. MTO at its darkest here. No disputing he did the right thing, but it's too bad he'll likely carry all those feelings with him right to the grave. Unless he gets some awesome character development cough cough.

Speaking of murder! I've no clue how anyone will respond to Camera killing that soldier (except Jay, he'll probably give him a pat on the back, lol) least of all Camera himself. Maybe some rationalizing in an attempt to justify his actions. God, the wait for next entry is gonna be agonizing.

Million To One Quote of the Month: "When someone hates you… you should want to find out why… try to understand them. You'll probably…. fail more than you'll succeed but… if you don't try…. that awful empty feeling never goes away…"
r3dacted chapter 36 . 2/9/2015
RIP Monty. Man, it sucks...

Ahem, never noticed that the entries were outta order, guess I'm a bit slow orz.

Yo, the buildup to the action really was worth it XD
Gonna take a moment to stop reading (Markov just redirected Black Lotus' attack towards White Rose and White Rose has been baffled by Sena protecting Camera) to say that its really awesome to get back to reading this. I'm gonna stop now before I go all fanboy or sentimental or something like that.

Pffft, Phil? really? I guess cause of the possibliity of feelers being how the clam thing could see
Lovin how Camera's still forever keeping in character with disliking large breasts though XD

Pffft, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be an entirely serious scene when played through, but reading "truly, Phil was a worthy adversary" and stuff about appendages makes me laugh a bit. Prolly because a guy I know used to be always joking about being touched by the noodly appendages of the FSM

Heh, if I had pyromantic powers I'd like to start fires too lol
Ack, the medusa tho What a way to be uh, taken hostage.

Wait, no. no. even though I knew what was gonna happen to her cause of the last two chapters, falling down like that sucks yo. Sena had quite the badass battle though. 1v1 against the main villain of the week. Sure he wasn't in the best state of mind but she was certainly disadvantaged.

And that's how he got trapped in that fake world.
U
Full circle has gone and been finished, now to see what happens next! *W*

Keep on writing yo, I wanna see more XD
r3dacted chapter 35 . 1/14/2015
Anouncer: and the shippers go wild! They're rippping each other apart over whether or not this is best ship and-uh oh-I...
...
..forget it. I can't think of much else.
here's a toast to us surviving another year eh? *pours root beer*

I get the feeling that you like these dream world scenario things. Also, I will admit that I caught onto the fake Deux-fois, it seemed off. And weird. You did a good job, I've gotta take some notes on this in case I ever wanna try it out myself...

NPCs OP, but then again I guess that's what happens when you're a living person trapped in a computer or something.

That scene with Camera's dad, lucky for him he never met the guy or he might not have gotten out of that part of the dream world, well, perhaps anyways.
And then the part with Sena being said to have died. I'm all..."wut? Would Zeke really do that to a character off-screen? O_O"

But, now that its been established that she is currently dying, I'm more accepting of her possible death should it happen.
...that doesn't sound right. Nor does it sound optimistic...

Welp, in any case, sorry for taking so long to get around to reviewing again orz
DappledKarma chapter 35 . 1/9/2015
In the beginning there was nothing except FLO. FLO's aura moved through the void. Then FLO spoke: Let there be CAMERA-FOIS! And thus, the legendary ship was born, and many humandroid babies were birthed.

Hah, I never believed for a second the wham line was true! Never. Never ever. Ever neeeevvvver. (B-b-b-baka. D-d-d-don't give me that look, I swear what I say is true!) It would've made for an epic plot twist if it was true though - not that I'm complaining (andpleasedon'tgetanynefariousideasfromwhatI'msaying. seriously.)

I have to admit, seeing Deux-Fois so utterly defeated nearly had me tearing up. And when Camera goes into his nakama speech and the promise, oh gawd the feels swept over me like a tsunami. The guy's grown so much and it astounds me every single time I consciously think about it.

What a way to flippin' start off the new year! Great entry, Zikku. :)

P.S.
Million To One Quote of the month: "...You look cute like that"
Me after seeing it: *cue biggest FANGAAAAAAAASM I never knew I wanted spilling all over the keyboard*
DappledKarma chapter 34 . 12/14/2014
Not much to say on this. Didn't particularly like the first three-fourths of this chapter ('cept Camera messing around with Sena. :3), I was just eager for the plot to advance, and that it did in the last quarter. Was wondering what the hell was in that coffin. Cool to see Deux-Fois in human form and, of course, she's a terrorist lol. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT WHAM LINE.
r3dacted chapter 33 . 11/29/2014
woah.
this was...woah.
I need time to give proper feedback. /rolls away to bask in the awesomeness that is this chapter
DappledKarma chapter 33 . 11/26/2014
Bubble blades... lol. I love the contrast those two words have in their connotations. I'm surprised Camera actually named one of his moves, let alone to that. Wonder how Sena feels about it. ("I thought Sena Blades sounded a lot better myself, but if bubbles remind you of my bubbly personality, then that's fine too." :P (Yes, Zikku, I am aware this is about as subtle as a mallet to the face.) ) Speaking of Sena, lol at her little advertisement. Think I'm gonna buy some of that wonderful 100% pomegranate juice now. XD

Am not disappointed by the new powers Camera and Aeolus have displayed. The explanation for Aeolus' choice of using revolvers in particular I really liked. It's definitely fitting for his character.

White Rose has seen shit. I agree completely with his comparison of humanity to cancer cells.
inb4soedgyandgrimdark
r3dacted chapter 32 . 10/30/2014
u
TRAINING ARC FINALLY BEGINS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

...AHEM. I'LL CONTAIN MYSELF. OR ATTEMPT TO.

Ahem! Ahem. Ahem...
u
the best loot is looted food U
but I wonder if there's a power combination that could help with cooking u I may think of one eventually and rewrite this. Probably not though.

Aeolus white rose Y/N?
Perhaps one of his parents? What if it was both of his parents? /stabbed

"That's a sin even an athiest could believe in" I got a good laugh out of that line XD

The Aeolus x Camera fangirls'll probably go nuts over this chapter. Though the Camera x Sena fans'll be all over the fact that he played her so well to enlist her assistance in training.

Welp, I guess I'll jam out of here now /jams into dip
DappledKarma chapter 32 . 10/30/2014
My quota for imouto love has been filled for the month, and just in time for Halloween too, wahaha! *flies away on giant apple*

Looking forward to seeing how the training goes, and the new characters who are working with White Rose seem interesting.
Psykofreac chapter 22 . 10/25/2014
I must admit, Camera was quite a jerk in this entry and so irrational with his angst. Powerful feelz anyways and great character development for everyone here. Another nice chapter, keep up the good work.
Psykofreac chapter 21 . 10/20/2014
Now that... was a pretty good chapter. O_O

The fight with that nightmare fuel candidate worm was very well written. From setting up the intense mood to a pretty sweet move by Camera. Following that, an alarming revelation by Sena. Impressed!

That punch Kaeti got was very satisfying after showing what a bitch she is. All the whining about abnormality was bad but she pretty much crossed it with her attitude to Deux. But hey, good characterization. ;)

Speaking of Deux-fois, nice cute interaction between her and Camera here. By the way I was thinking, any chance the third loop may have a kind of tournament arc? Since almost all the tokens have been established? Team ACED haven't really faced Jay's team yet so I wonder how that may turn out.

Oh and the uh... A/N... A ten month(I think) almost a year late your welcome! n_n
r3dacted chapter 31 . 10/1/2014
YES. TRAINING ARC FINALLY BEGINS ASDGADJGALDGJALDJGLAJDGLAJSDGLAJLDGJLAJDGLAJDLGJALDGK:wAPEJgLASDJASD:GAKpow;mADGAFHVBMAMAAkJ;OJGAKDKGJLA;DJGA;OEJLQP;JLMZ;C

...

*seizures*
DappledKarma chapter 31 . 9/30/2014
When done right, a chapter/episode/entry with lots of dialogue and not much plot progression (at least seemingly so) can be quite the fun read. You done this one right.

I actually don't have much to say about this chapter, it is short (relatively-speaking lol), and characters go off-topic a bit, not that I mind at all. These kind of scenes tend to be my favorite, characters just chatting away, playing off each others personalities.

Sena has hit an all-time high with her Sena-ness. Really cute how she pays attention (more so than necessary) to everything regarding Camera, and I like how he has been warming up to her.

Aeolus actually making a few jokes was good, put a smile to my face. It's good to see he's calmed down after recent happenings. And he used to play guitar? (I get the feeling you already told me he did. Forgive my lousy memory! XD) I WANT TO SEE HIM PLAY A LOVE SONG TO ETOILE.

RETURN OF THE SALT MAN. I laughed so hard when he kept pouring salt on Camera's food. I believe Salt Man is on his way to becoming a meme. Like, eventually someone's gonna make a rap song about him and his godliness. (No dun ask me to.) I hope to see more of the guy. As long as he ain't God. :P

Oho, time for some shounen leveling up. Can't wait to see their training. Ah, if only Bisky or Genkai were here... /shot
306 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »