Reviews for Open Season
Lana chapter 1 . 5/20
I think this fic is wonderful! It is well-written, and the words you chose to convey the love made me practically envision it myself. Great job!
Blaze chapter 1 . 7/11/2015
Awwwww! This is soooo sweeet! Do they get together? Please tell me... :D
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Hi, it's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo and I wanted to let you know that your story was reviewed by one of the judges. Congratulations! Here's the review:

Open Season is fairly short, - only a little over 1,000 words - but ares the olympian manages to capture an entire

The first thing that captured me when I sat down to read this one shot was the wording. There's a comfortable flow to the story, almost like lyrics fit to a melody. A few of the sentences were so beautifully crafted that I found myself annoyed I hadn't written them. ares the olympian's author's note said she wrote the story in fifteen minutes, inspired by a song she was listening to. We all have those moments as authors where something needs to get out of us and we can't concentrate until it's down on paper. That kind of writing is always better, pure, developed from a place of complete artistry and need. I think that's why this story managed to resonate for me so quickly. Readers don't really know Jake except in his relation to Mel, but Mel is a fairly well developed character. By the end, you feel like you know her. It was fascinating for me to meet the character of Mel so fully through the eyes of her best friend. We should all be so lucky as to have someone who admires us so much and knows us so well. The only thing I find myself wanting after this story is more! Check it out for a quick, light read and happy reading!
friendship within a few paragraphs. Written as an open letter from a guy, Jake, to his best friend, Mel, readers fall in love with Mel through Jake's eyes. His words are part apology, part confession, and part total and complete admiration of a person obviously significant to him. I can't say too much else about this without giving spoilers, so you'll have to read to find out what happened between Mel and Jake.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
I really enjoyed reading this! It was really heartfelt and well written!
carifoo2001 chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Awww. That was adorable. :3
AWE chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
AWWWW! This is adorable! if I had to give a rate from 1 to 10 I would rate it 10000000000000!
Ceri Anne chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I think this is so sweet, and I would love to maybe read Melanie's response to this. Just to make sure everything got sorted with them :)
Alinka chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
For a 15-minute time span use, this is a nice one. What's important is the feeling surged through your fingers right? The satisfied feeling of being able to write without thinking too much ;D Thanks for sharing
varshini karthik chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
nice! i'd love to read mel's POV too :D
Nami98 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
i totally just cried like a little bitch. Omg this was just wow. So heart warming :') still crying btw
MadOwler chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
For a while I thought he was writing a suicide note because he wanted he to know he actually loves her. Great story, I really liked it.