Reviews for Society
True Talker chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I had read this and it makes me think. And I can see that in the world this can be true. However to me worth is NOT measured by the amount of money that one has or doesn't have. To me one is not measured by the amount of education that they do or don't have. To me one is measured by the way they encourage others, by the way they make others feel and how they are there for others and I am NOT talking financial. I am talking by listening, by communicating and by encouraging them to feel love. If the world would be encouraged to feel REAL LOVE then people wouldn't feel empty as if there is a need to fill. People would feel more whole and that they are NEVER/NOT ever alone. For it is not the financial profit that one creates - it is the art, the communication, the inspiration and the feeling like there is hope in this world for ALL. It is the size of their heart that means most. When people are their for each other that fills their hearts and others too and that to me says MORE than anything ever could. And ONLY good things are brought about by this it is called a True Sense of Connection yes one could say a COMMUNITY.

Thank you for sharing this as it did encourage me to bring out my words. REALLY. (:
Victorycabbage chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Sorry I wasn't sure wether the reveiw got through:
"My peers are databases; hoarding information like I hoard photographs, staying in while I go out, remaining lonely as I fall in love…"
I don't particularly like this quote I'm sorry but it sound to me like your saying, "My friends and associates are stuck as the losers of life (or even boring in a way) while my life slowly becomes perfect.” It’s like nobody else’s life actually matters and are unnoticeable amongst your own achievements. And my sister said that in a nutshell you basically flipped off all your friends.
The piece was filled with words and quite heavy however in a nutshell you were just saying at the end that same old stodgy phrase, “Money doesn’t buy you happiness.” This phrase is an opinion and to me personally the more one states an opinion the more one wishes to believe it’s true. However the more I hear the phrase the more I question its intent. Cynically it's just a phrase that people use to make them feel better it's nothing more than pretty dressed up words if you ask me, as my brother says: "money doesn't buy you happiness ...but it certainly helps." In all fairness one cannot really say money doesn't buy happiness when there are multiple things that make people happy because people are different, I believe the whole statement is far too general. I mean I don't think the lives of starving children in third world are filled with many "Happy memories."
I do not wish to live with happiness; I don’t believe it exists completely. I would much rather live with contempt for what I’ve already got and respect that not everyone achieves the same in life. I think in a way everyone needs to learn to stop being so upsetting and start being inspiring.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/25/2013