Reviews for Heading For Sun
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 8 . 9/19/2013
Hey, sorry I didn't review a long time ago. I think my inbox filtered out the email for alerting me of a new chapter being uploaded.

Anyway, really good chapter! I like how Tara and Ani reveal to each other their stories.
SellTheeSoul4Bacon chapter 3 . 7/31/2013
Well, there are good things and bad things about this story. Good: Original plot, awesome characters, and realistic. I think the characters is probably the best part about it. They seem REAL and sympathetic without self-pity. And they're all pretty different personality wise. They compliment each other.
Bad-ish: I feel like you should add more detail. It seems kinda bare at parts. It didn't really grab me when I first started. You should define the character's conflict/stakes more.
Overall, I like it, but it could use a bit more improvement. But, then again, what couldn't use some improvement?
TheGirlAtMidnight chapter 4 . 7/30/2013
Sweet and hopeful. The characters are likeable,too, Ani in particular. Keep up the good work!
rjhoagihrghdkfhgo839 chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
I absolutely love this story. The characters are all so interesting, and I love all the little parts you add in like "metaphor battles." The writing was all done well, as was the dialogue. One thing I could suggest is to make the paragraphs a bit longer, as they seem to jump around to much at some parts. But other than that, great story!
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 7 . 7/26/2013
Excellent as usual! I really like how Jessie cherishes what she has, and loves swimming. And that she indulges in stuff she shouldn't eat just because she can. Jessie's awesome! :) Oh, and the Tara-Sammy relationship is really interesting- can't wait to see if Sammy gets to cross off the kiss thing on his bucket list. :)
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 6 . 7/20/2013
Oh, wow, I loved this chapter. It's all really realistic. And Sammy and Tara talking are so cute :)
adsiderum chapter 2 . 7/20/2013
Just like Tara, Sammy is so easy to relate to. I absolutely love this!
adsiderum chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I really liked your characterization of Tara. Minus the cancer, I was able to easily connect to her. She is very relatable. I know that many authors find that difficult to do, so I give you two thumbs up! :)
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 5 . 7/14/2013
I cannot express how much this story rocks! Your writing is really, really good. :) Keep writing! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Purpletastic chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
lol an onion :) nice simile. i like ani, she reminds me of Hazel from TFIOS
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
Do I need to say how much I love this? This should be published. This is awesome. I love this story. Good writing! :D And the onion thing is really funny. And a good analogy, too.
Purpletastic chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
hello there! I love how the chapters are so happy and how the kids are unfazed by their diseases, it really shows people with disabilities and diseases cope with it :D I really like Tara, and Ani a lot, they sound pretty interesting, not to mention Jessie and Sammy too
Koi19 chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
This is pretty well written and I positively adore how very distinct your character voices are. It feels like forging friendships and I like that. I hope to see more, even if it'll be a sad ending.

My only (super minor) issue is the random spelling grammar mistakes. They can be a bit jarring and interrupt the flow of the story.

Otherwise, good work.
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
This is a really great story! Your description is really good, and not to mention no grammar mistakes. Phew. :P

Ani would never be one to die her hair. [Er, it's 'dye', not 'die', your hair. I think.]

Good writing! :)
how to be a heartbreaker chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Ahhh! Why does your writing always have to be perfect!? :) I seriously love this and the summary is amazing, are you sure you aren't already a famous writer? 'Cos I'm not kidding, this is really good and so heartfelt and bittersweet!
Thanks for writing this, it's brilliant so far!

Sophie