Reviews for Somewhere
Mia chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Holy cow! Tough challenge! I think you did an amazing job! Don't say that your a bad romance writer, because you are really good at it. You made your characters grow and had excellent themes in under 3000 words. I like how you let the readers have a chance to decide what happens to the characters. I don't think Casey is alive. I think he gave his life to save someone else's. He was a medic after all.
waterbluewings chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Woah. That was good. That was actually really good. Thanks for the review on my story! Not saying goodbye was also very hard.

Good luck with SKoW!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
No! Poor Casey! Nice work and congrats on the SKoW nomination!
JWT chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Those are some surprisingly tricky rules to follow - particularly the bit about no using the words "goodbye". I think you have made excellent use of the prompt and although the first parting was a little cliched (not necessarily a bad thing in romantic fiction - I'm not much of a writer or reader of romance, but from what I know they do tend to be chock full of cliches) I was glad to see you take it round to a much more serious parting the next year.

I did spot just a few little typos in there:
"Everyone knows everyone and to give this up, is viewed as a shame" - I don't think you need the comma there.
"road work" - This might not be a typo. Where I come we say "road works", but you might not.
"the cute and cuddly ones lives" - I think "ones" needs a possessive apostrophe - ones'.
"a red leaf fall from the ground and unto my head" - I'm guessing you meant "fall to the ground and onto my head"
"Is that why to came home?"
"As I, though a few last items into a box, my cell phone rings"

I am very impressed that you managed such an emotional, heartfelt parting without anyone saying goodbye and I like how you have managed to weave that little theme of "life is a journey" into the background without overdoing it, which is tough in a short story. Good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
I think Casey it alive because when Elizabeth thinks about him at the end, it reads like he's still there. I love it and I think you are a good romance writer.
MileyRowling chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
I don't think Casey is dead. I think he was injured and it didn't kill him. It reads like he's still alive at the end. Great story!
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
It was a good story. I'm not sure how to review it since I proofread it :) My ending is that, and I told you this XD, that Casey was injured in action and then they had to use his organs for some massive surgery that saved someone else's life. I just thought that'd be cool.
It was a challenging prompt, I'm not sure that I could have managed it. I guess you would just say all the things that needed to be said without saying goodbye. You did a good job, though.
I wasn't sure when I proofread it what you wanted to say in your Author's Note right here: (I think . . . If not, got me.) I hope that it makes sense :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
I think that Casey was killed because he was trying to save someone. Still, at the end it reads like he's still alive. Hum...I guess that's why it's an open-ended ending. Nice work and I hope you get accepted by SKoW.