Reviews for Cinder Creek
XAbsoluteZeroX chapter 13 . 1/20/2016
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I loved the chapter! If this was a published book and I found it on the shelves I would buy it for sure. Your writing is at the level that I aspire to reach. There is this underlying tone that I can't describe but its so palpable and wonderful and I love watching the characters dance across it unknowingly. Sloane has got to be one of my all-time favorite protagonists. She's tough without being rude, and it's almost like she doesn't know how to whine, or doesn't see the point. She dwells on things that could be, but without being all 'Whoa is me'. I love this.

I also like how you develop the sexual tension without the characters barely even having to touch. That's definitely a talent. GAH I COULD GO ON FOREVER GUSHING ABOUT THIS STORY BUT NOW I WANT TO GO WRITE MORE OF MY OWN BECAUSE OF YOU. So thanks!

UPDATE SOON. Like, soon soon. :D
hunter005 chapter 12 . 11/25/2015
Six longgggg months without an update. Pleaseeeeee! I'm waiting for "Next chapter: sexual tension galore". I miss my Sloane/John!
Jo chapter 12 . 10/9/2015
Please do continue to write. :) Absolutely love your writing.
toffeema chapter 12 . 10/2/2015
please update! I can't wait to see what happens next!
TheWhiteBlouse chapter 12 . 9/28/2015
I completely ADORE this story! It's so well written and the plot is unbelievably engaging. I can't wait for some more John/Sloane action! Update soon!
leavesfallingup chapter 12 . 8/27/2015
She has become fully aware of both her reaction to him and her feelings for him. It is clear that John feels the same. Unfortunately, he'll probably pull back because of their age difference and his faux parental/sibling status... or will he?
jol chapter 12 . 8/22/2015
Love love love your writing. Please keep it up! :))) thanks for putting in effort to create something so wonderful for us! ;)
XAbsoluteZeroX chapter 12 . 8/19/2015
I am DYING for an update. This story has captured my heart in a very special way - in a way I haven't felt in a very long time. So, thank you. I don't want to appear like I am nagging you to update, but really, I AM nagging you because I am selfish and I LOVE this.

Please bring us an update soon!
3H chapter 12 . 7/16/2015
Well, well, well... nice to see more tension, and I will do my best to remain patient for the sexual tension.
wellthisisfantastic chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
A Drop of Romeo sent me here and I am so glad that it did. Can't wait to see back with an update, hope writing goes well.
Day2Dreamer chapter 12 . 6/26/2015
I just wanted to let you know that I'm really truly enjoying reading your story - it's so beautifully and thoughtfully written! I've come across stories which keep me reading purely through character interactions, amusement, and curiosity over what will happen next, but which fail to remind me of how beautiful the English language can be. Your writing style, however, encompasses all those positive aspects, but is also so eloquent that I'm absolutely loving every moment - it creates a serene yet solemn atmosphere which totally suits Sloane's personality, and when you add in your amazing characterisation and the concepts and themes that you depict... well, it's a wonderful piece of work!
You were really brave to write about something as serious and overwhelming as abuse and neglect, but (coming from someone who has no true personal experience with either) I think you handled it very well! I love how you approached protectiveness and responsibility, as well as the long-standing effects they would have on Sloane, and I especially loved how Sloane was self-aware enough to admit to herself that she'd invited Matty over to make John jealous, since many people would have created a heroine who pretended otherwise.
Basically, I feel like a more literate and satisfied (because the plotline and the interactions between characters are awesome!) person for having read your story, and I absolutely can't wait to read the rest of it! D
Hope you're still having a spectacular time writing it!
ilikedaisychains chapter 12 . 6/2/2015
Aw I loved this! The character development is so good, you can see them both realising their feelings for each other and it's so amazing to read. Please, please update soon!
SIimShadyLady chapter 12 . 5/31/2015
Just read this all in one go. You're a fantastic writer with a wonderful voice and a lot of impressive ability. Looking forward to future installments! :)
clkamp chapter 12 . 5/31/2015
This story is going to be the death of me...and I mean that in the best possible way. I love how in each chapter you give us just a little bit more of how their feelings are developing. It has a very natural pace to it. I know I say this every time, but I can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 12 . 5/30/2015