Reviews for Cinder Creek
will chapter 12 . 5/30/2015
I like it and it's well written too
xxSongBirdxx chapter 12 . 5/28/2015
How they would get any sort of privacy is a mystery. Well things seem to be changing for them it's obvious they like each other, can't wait to read more, until next time have a nice day.
xxSongBirdxx chapter 11 . 5/28/2015
this is getting really good
xxSongBirdxx chapter 8 . 5/27/2015
I'm she catching feelings now huh and yeah she better quite that job
xxSongBirdxx chapter 7 . 5/27/2015
Well well their "princess" isn't so innocent after all haha lets just say if the Dahl's come after her she has something she could use.
xxSongBirdxx chapter 5 . 5/27/2015
Ok she seriously needs to stop this. how ungrateful, hes the reason you have all your siblings girl
xxSongBirdxx chapter 4 . 5/27/2015
Wow she sure is bossy but then I guess she has no choice
xxSongBirdxx chapter 3 . 5/27/2015
Aw haha poor Sloan
xxSongBirdxx chapter 2 . 5/27/2015
yeah you best leave
xxSongBirdxx chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
Wow such responsibility for one so young great start to a story.
bulletproof.cupid chapter 12 . 5/27/2015
Haha we are so getting to the good part. There was this underlying, very palpable tension - but more than that, I'm glad that they were able to talk. Relationships don't last long if there isn't any understanding or compassion in them, and with both John and Sloane, they respect what the other has been through - and that just creates this solid foundation to build a relationship on. I can't wait for it!

John's life definitely saddens me, but yes, with them being so alike, I'm glad he's found a confidant - someone to talk to without being pitied or judged. Sloane too, in a way. That bit where she didn't realise how lonely she was before John walked in really got to me... And I love how she's started to dream ever since him came along. That scene really was something. Aside from that, I really love the use of the bible verse - and how it keeps coming back. It's significant for them, and links them to Gracie in a way that is just wow.

Hope you keep updating because I can't get enough of Cinder Creek! Fabulous update! Hope you have an awesome week x
Love is a Ring Toss Game chapter 12 . 5/26/2015
This is a good chapter. I was delighted to see that you updated! It felt like a short chapter but I think it was mainly because of how desperate I've been for an update! I wish I could get inside John's head. I feel like we are getting to know him just fine but as a reader we have all of Sloane's unknowns. I feel like she has no clue how much he adores her but then I wonder if I'm reading into things too much. I love how cautious he is- like not wanting to enter her room and then how easily startled or flustered he gets when he's gotten too close to her. This moments really highlight that there is something there, but then it is almost through the accentuation of these fleeting moments, rather than a clear action (as in a 'normal' (for lack of a better word) relationship). I feel like a over analyzing teenager again reading this! Lol! Really love this story, can't wait for more! Don't keep us waiting too long!
MTveit chapter 12 . 5/26/2015
Yay, an update! So happy!

God, I love John and Sloane together. They're such a good match, and I can totally see how Sloane is falling for John... And John Sloane, of course! She is pretty badass, and I love how even though she's had to grow up fast and is practically an adult, she still is a teenager in some ways.
And John... The way he has changed his priorities and life in general to help and protect Gracie's kids is amazing!

Their little family is so strange, but so perfect at the same time. Again, I really like how each character feels real, authentic. You have really put a lot of effort into creating each character, their opinions, ways of thinking, behaviour etc.

Can't wait for sexual tension galore! Okay, due to the sexual tension: Question - Do you think the story will eventually be changed to an M story, or will is stay T? If you decide to get em together, that is. Super curious!

Thank you for updating! Again, this story is great in so many ways. Can't wait to read on.
Hugs from Norway!
bulletproof.cupid chapter 11 . 5/25/2015
Gosh, I've been atthis for a few hours and I can't tell you how hooked I am. You have such a way with words - and it's not just poetry or flowery descriptions, you make me feel everthing that is going on. I burn with jealousy when Ella touches John, I shiver every time I read about the frosted driveway, and when Sloane is exhausted, tried and unable to take care of the kids, I want to rest too. The writing is impeccable.

Aside from that, the characters and world you've spun are unforgettable. For a seventeen year old, Sloane is mature beyond her years, and yes, the times may have forced her to grow up, but I feel like there's this yearning to escape and start life all over again as someone new. Of course, she couldn't - and wouldn't really, but I can understand her fascination with freedom. John on the other hand, is such a foil to her own personality. He is patient, calm, and ever so gentle. He truly is someone Sloane needs. I can wait to see how this unwinds - how their stories trickle into one another. It's slow, but it's coming - and that's what I find the best about Cinder Creek, nothing is forced or rushed, it's happening at such a leisurely, realistic pace and that in itself is amazing. Can't wait for more! Wish you the best x
C chapter 2 . 5/18/2015
I like this. Your writing style really gives a voice to the character of Sloane-its distinct but it also rings of a past era. In the first chapter I was wondering if this story was set a hundred years in the past, then you mentioned Harry Potter lol. By the way, that's not a critique, I really like it.

I also like how you convey Sloanes difficulties. Like her frustration at having raised these kids just to suddenly be forced to give them up to the foster system. And her rage at the Dahls for picking their favourite child to adopt-and how she snapped at them just enough to put them in their place without truly burning a bridge.

I'm very into this story. The writing is perfect.
202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »