Reviews for Matthew Hunt against The World
marginal-utility chapter 2 . 12/27/2013
Why did they keep Matthew in the attic?
AudenJayy chapter 2 . 12/2/2013
Matthew doesn't even exist. That is the saddest thing ever. It's like he isn't there. I hope the father dies. The mother needs to be punished for locking him up and letting it happen. I'm just so upset that parents would do such things.
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Love this so far! My heart is already completely invested in matthew.
Can't wait to read more!
heyitsstupidme chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
So, I began with this story, because a story with this whole 'isolated' theme is very interesting and books obviously play a big role in this, definitely a story for me. I liked the first chapter very much. The story seems to be very concentrated on Matthew's little world, his emotions and his image of the 'outside world'. And after the first paragraph, a picture of Matthew sitting in his room began to form itself in my head and it was slowly coloured with every new sentence.
Also, do the books that Matthew has belong to your favourite ones? Because I know you like 8 femmes and Lord of the Rings. I'm excited to see where this will be going and I look forward to reading about how Matthew's life is going to change and if he'll get along with his aunt (who seems to be a lovely person).
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
asjdhakjsdhaskjdh
I think I lost my ability to review a long time ago. Anyway. SETTINGS. My god, let me caress them, in a totally non-creepy way.
I found the book list a bit extensive in parts, but also informing. I mean, this is what his whole knowledge of everything is going to be based on. You've cleverly shown how he's been (not that he realises) restricted from seeing the reality of the outside world.
This reminds me a bit of Tangled (the animated film) and JH's AMMA. But not those in particular, more a theme of being raised overly sheltered, in a sort of uncannily restricted way. It's made a bit more creepy in a sense with how content Matthew is, because of course what he doesn't know he doesn't miss.
Awww, Aunt Beatrix. Brilliant last section, omg, Matttheewwwww, everything's gonna be so big and scary!
The prologue section both makes sense and doesn't...I hope we find out more later about the motivation of his parents, assuming the people that have him trapped ARE his parents. Or were, I should say.
Not much else to say, this is just brilliant scene setting so...bring on the next chapter!
Sae Ayameko chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I would have felt better if you separated the prologue and chapter one into two separate pages. It just looks a little choppy when you do it this way, especially if you do it with the other chapters. Other than that, this is a fairly decent story and I'm looking forward to more.