Reviews for Playing the Game
Shadowswept chapter 7 . 9/3/2014
I liked this chapter a lot more than the previous one. They are flirty, and there is an attraction igniting between them, but I like how she's giving him a hard time about Isa. I'm enjoying the playful banter between Carly and Jake. I see how he grew to have a crush on her. I'm also relieved that Nat has a crush on someone besides Hunter. This gives me hope for Carly's friendship with her. That was a cute line at the end about being burned by her mother. All in all, this is a very enjoyable and entertaining story so far.
Shadowswept chapter 6 . 9/3/2014
The word rape in this chapter is very jarring. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story, and it interrupts the flow of this chapter. I think your intent here was to show how naive and inexperienced Carly is compared to Hunter, but that word has very ugly, scary connotations. I know Hunter wasn't really trying to rape her, but just the mere thought of it in Carly's head makes me dislike him. His move would have come across as sexy otherwise. The rest of the chapter is playful and flirty, but my mind was still stuck in the context of a violation caused by that loaded word. I'm glad I read the other story first, or I would have completely written off Hunter as being bad news.
Shadowswept chapter 5 . 9/2/2014
I like the detail you put into describing the soccer tryouts. You either did a lot of research on it or you play soccer. All of your stories that I've read so far feature characters that play sports. I find it very interesting to read about since I'm unfamiliar with what's involved. Carly is settling into her new school nicely and making friends. And another interaction with Jake! I wasn't sure how much he'd be in this story, but I've been pleasantly surprised that he appears quite regularly. At this point I still like him better than Hunter. I would have been rooting for Carly to get together with Jake if I hadn't read the Back-Up Plan first.
Shadowswept chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
I should be cleaning, but I've been sitting here reading this story instead. I really like it so far. Obviously, or I wouldn't have gotten so caught up in it. Like I said before, Carly is a likeable character, and I'm enjoying her interactions with all the other characters. Ryder seems interesting and nice, so I'm wondering what will happen with him. I'm not at all sure about Hunter at this point, but then again he's not supposed to be immediately endearing. Not like Jake, who's a bit different in this story but still nice. I guess Isa intimidated him in the other story, and that's why he didn't come across as confident as he seems here. Nat is a fun and funny character, but I have a feeling there will be drama with her due to her feelings for Hunter. I'm curious as to the true state of his relationship with Isa.

I read your notes, and I'm wondering how much you changed in this story. I almost always have a problem with things escalating too quickly with my love interests, so I'm curious how you pace yourself. One of the things you said in your notes is that you focus more on other characters. I'm going to remember that advice for the future. Wow, you have over 500 reviews on this story! Congratulations on that, but I'll wait until I finish the story to skim through a sampling of them so that I don't read any spoilers. Of course, I know how it turns out but not the details. The fun is in the details.
Shadowswept chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Isa and Cole! It's fun to get a glimpse of familiar characters. And now I'll get to know Carly and Hunter better, since they are main characters in this story. Carly comes across as very likeable, which she also was in the Back-Up Plan. Of course, I miss Jake, so I'm looking forward to his appearance in this story. This was a good first chapter and it set up the story nicely, sketching out the characters to clue us in to what to expect.
PenMasterEm chapter 33 . 6/2/2014
This was such a cute story! I think my only concern was how they could just fall in love but then again I don't know anything about romance. xP I think you did a beautiful job. Keep writing!
spcecse7 chapter 33 . 5/21/2014
Awwww love the ending and loved this story
Faith chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
This story is the most cliche, boring story I've ever read. From reading the first chapter, this seems very unrealistic. But fiction is unrealistic. It portrays a fantasy world that the writer feels the need to write. However, not all high school stories need to start with a new girl and uncharacteristically happy people.
RomanceObsessed chapter 7 . 5/5/2014
She seems to be taking the almost 'rape' too lightly. If she really felt that he was going to rape her, she should be more upset and not going out with him.
deliriousdreams chapter 33 . 5/1/2014
okay, i'Ve found your story a few weeks ago, and i've finally finished it :)
and i have to say, i love your story.
i love bad boys, and i just fell in love with hunter !
this is one of my favorite fictionpress stories :)
Guest chapter 33 . 3/22/2014
Hahahahaha... "You're pregnant?!"

I didn't realize you'd posted an epilogue! THIS IS SO CUTE, WOMUN! I'M GONNA ESPLODE!

I love them :) I'd love it if you just slipped them into "The Back-Up Plan" a few more times :) They. Are. The. Cutestttt.
werciaforever13 chapter 33 . 3/13/2014
tHIS WHOLE THING WAS AMAZING! im so sad its coming to an end:( Great job! i enjoyed this:)))
Guest chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
Two words: Love it!
FireFlame4689 chapter 33 . 2/20/2014
OMG
Michelle1236 chapter 33 . 2/20/2014
Oh my god they are just too cute! I almost forgot how much I love Carly and Hunter. They are the perfect couple. What a nice way to end this story :)
571 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »