Reviews for Hex Grid-Path to Freedom
bluecometzola chapter 46 . 1/19/2016
As well informed as you are about japan and manga-like styles, this is a good read. However, your main characters follow a simple-minded trope of block-headed pushing through everything head on, which makes you comviniently forget some facts. For example: riot gear is heavily insulated against tasers. Yet V's first try worked.

The script immunity is quite strong too, even mentally immune. You said Satoshi shook a little when V's tormentor was lying there, defeated, but Satoshi never felt mental when beating down someone bigger than him, and when he pulled the gun on his own father like it's a damn normal thing, there is no elaboration about his maturity? Or at least responsibility for taking a life? The New Era is recognized by the national military, they can make it more legal than just a militarised fanatic group and use the police too.

Also when Satoshi got shot in jail, yet we're going to ignore that for the convinience of leaving the place, then it's V who suffers withdrawal symptoms? It definitely looks like Satoshi's on some strong morphine, not V.

Satoshi always puts on a strong suit like he actually has a full set of ideals in important matters, but acts like a first world problems boy in day-to-day situations.

While character flaws are not really flaws, i'd be really disappointed if he wasn't ever proven wrong. I hate stories where the main character is always the victor and was born correct, and that is a given. A few hours on TV doesn't make you know the entire universe. And it doesnt make you always certain you are correct.

Harumi and Isoroku are really amazing characters! Finally a side character with good intentions that changed something without more screen time!

And these were just a few examples on my thoughts about this story. I'm really sleepy and can't formulaye sentences
bluecometzola chapter 47 . 1/19/2016
As well informed you are about Japan and manga
Boomer Kid chapter 13 . 12/18/2015
Heya, exciting read you've got here. 13 chapters read in a little more than an hour.

The pacing is fast and makes the reading easy. There's also this fun cast where the main players so far somehow are in the same school, something I find interesting cuz the me that sometimes reads deeper into things thinks of it as how all the conflicting sides can be found in one small group, and they may not know it.

V's that sort of heroine I tend to have a liking for ever since I read Elfen Lied. Hehe. V definitely isn't as murderous or vicious as EL's main heroine, though. Speaking of hexes, I'm anxious to see whether there'll be some hex vs. hex fights later in the story. Well, there are more chapters for me to find out.

Read your profile and the themes of broken families, living the not-so-good life and the like do appear prominent so far. Stuff that may make the story darker but also more meaningful. I wonder more about V's past, especially her life before being picked up by New Era. Or I may have missed something.

This Isoroku and Harumi bit has quite a nice chemistry between both of 'em. I wonder if we'll see more deep stuff in the bonds between Satoshi and his band of friends. And damn was Harumi a prodigious murderer.

Exciting stuff you have up. *w*/ It's been up for two years so I wonder why I only spotted it now. Well, not like I browse the site much during my history here... but still. Also, interesting to know you're best buds with Daniel Kozaki. I don't exactly remember whether you've visited the manga forums before, but he was part of the RAOSC (now revived as Line Break! after bouts of inactivity on the forums but not on Skype, and other shiz) before he disappeared sometime after March. Hmm, you may or may not have dropped by, but I don't remember this stuff to well. *bows* But yeah, if I hadn't seen that you're Dan's friend, I wouldn't have mentioned the forums. Heh. I miss that bugger.

Keep up the heartfelt work!
Legionario Eterno chapter 2 . 11/28/2015
Second chapter... This gonna be good!
Fierce Ookami chapter 43 . 11/24/2015
its too bad that they are being pursued but its so nice that they get to share a sleeping bag, haha. it was another great chapter, keep it up!

-Fierce Okami
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 42 . 11/24/2015
Hey cool been while :)...still waiting for next installment looked maybe satoshi should get new phone
Legionario Eterno chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
First chapter... Wao... Good story, good development!

Keep it up!... I wish you the best dude!
Fierce Ookami chapter 40 . 8/26/2015
That certainly escalated quickly. now new era basically knows where to find V, Satoshi better up his game or things can end badly. great chapter!

Fierce Ookami chapter 39 . 8/15/2015
I enjoyed the chapter, I take it that Satoshi's dad is a member of new era? I did NOT see that coming. Keep it up!

Pinksamurai1014 chapter 39 . 8/13/2015
Lol that ending XD
Pinksamurai1014 chapter 37 . 8/5/2015
Awesome
Fierce Ookami chapter 37 . 8/4/2015
I liked this chapter, they deserve it lol one thing i noticed thiugh was that they spotted an occupied bench and sat on it lol might wanna fix it if you get the chance. I'm so glad you are back to writing.

st.jmon21 chapter 36 . 4/4/2015
A really good chapter! V's condition is doing well. I hope she's gets better.
Fierce Ookami chapter 36 . 3/29/2015
great chapter! Its great that V is getting better and I hope she and Satoshi get to have some "fun" haha lol but seriously, they deserve a break. keep it up!

cud-b-better chapter 36 . 3/29/2015
Well hope V recovers soon the trauma from Harumi I feel is never going to disappear well with the seeming ceasefire at the moment I wonder if another group is going to come into play this arc, I'm dying to see some hex vs hex battles. Hope Satoshi and V are able to take a well deserved break from all the fighting soon.

Good chapter that shows where the four characters stand.
228 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »