Reviews for Distant Visions
CagedTroll chapter 8 . 10/12/2007
Hey there.

I have to admit, when I clicked on your story, I was half expecting to see another "OMG Mike has creepy visions what could it be OH NOES!"-type of story - and I was pleasantly surprised. The descriptions I read (I admit, I skimmed over some of them because I'm just not a description person) were nice, especially the opening paragraphs. I also liked the way the descriptions were sometimes interrupted by a sarcastic line. It completely snapped me out of the flow of the story every time, which is definitely a good way of keeping me awake.

The plot... Well, it was somewhat predictable. Somewhat. The funeral with two caskets combined with Mr. Bess' outburst about the lake made the tragic story obvious. What I didn't expect was for the present to just completely change and Emily to remember him, I liked that.

I would have liked a bit more background information on the other people, just to have an introduction to the environment Mike is used to. His sister, for instance. Is she older or younger? Where is she in all this? The lack of information about everyone Mike already knows is a way of having him tell the story, I guess, but I'd have liked just a bit more background.

Was it really called CPR in the 40's? That struck me as a bit out of place.

All in all, I enjoyed reading this, definitely more than the other stories centering around visions I found. Keep it up - I like your attitude.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 8 . 11/14/2004
I like this a lot. There isn't really anything else for me to say about it right now.
Spawny
equitable division chapter 8 . 8/7/2003
Aw.. when I clicked on the story, I immediately hoped that it was finished, and didn't just end at the middle of the story. Thankfully, my hopes came true. It was a great story, by the way, really well written. Your descriptions were amazing; I could see the scenes in my mind's eye. Basically, it was an excellent story. I think you should submit it to a magazine or a short story publisher or something. Since I got this from a random search of "old" pieces, I hope this wasn't the last thing you've written.
Kelly White chapter 1 . 10/28/2001
Wow! I really loved this, because, unlike the majority on fanfiction writers, it seems you actually had a plot mapped out beforehand (and a good one, at that). I couldn't stop reading it, it was so suspenseful! However I think maybe you coul dhave been more original. I thought perhaps someone killed them or something _
jenepeuxpaslecroire chapter 8 . 10/6/2001
Very well written. Interesting enough and I really enjoyed reading it :-)
musikchik chapter 1 . 7/9/2001
no offense or anything but this was really trite. Even before I read it, I predicted what would happen. At least you didn't make mike and emily get together in the past and live happily ever after. Parts of it were amusing, but I'd like to see you try something a bit more original since you are a good writer ("you have potential")
aure84 chapter 1 . 6/13/2001
That was an excellent story. Although it was a little long, you had me glued to my monitor the whole time. GREAT STORY.