Reviews for Grass Life
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I really like the natural images in this poem: each of them is gentle and feeds into the next to make for an overall peaceful scene. My favourite bit is "the grassland rolls forever on" since it's so filled with innocence, even though things like "trail patterns" and such provide a similar sort of image. It's just the grasslands one in particular reminds me of children running up a hill to roll down it. Very pretty imagery, and the silence really gives it a feeling of nostalgia. "Rebel tufts" was another one that reminded me of that childhood innocence; it in fact reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye.

I thought it was a little jarring to have every line end with a punctuation of some sort; while it's good in some cases, you also have line breaks giving their own pause, so the need to end every line with a comma, semicolon or fullstop seems a little excessive to me. I would reccomend, for example with the last two lines, to remove the comma there as it isn't necessary. You could also try using line and paragraph breaks to distinguish between llines and stanzas...although in this case the poem works with a single stanza.