Reviews for Trials of the Witch Hunter
awilla the hun chapter 9 . 6/24/2014
Firstly-I apologise for the lack of detailed quotes in this review. Fictionpress ate my first draft. You know how it is.

I liked the setting, which is very different to typical fantasy (there’s a Warhammer influence, but it isn’t completely dominant), and something into which you have put a lot of work, as well as the moral ambiguity. I hope these both get developed further.

One issue I had however-your writing style can get a bit longwinded at times. Your descriptions can be repetitive (describing an ‘unnaturally tall, lanky figure’ is redundant, long sentences to describe a man being shot that robs it of the immediacy, and you do not need to describe everything someone is wearing.) I like detail, I can enjoy long sentences (and this is why this criticism is quite hypocritical!), but too much of a good thing can bog down the narrative.

But overall it’s pretty good. Does this make me a ‘snowflake’ now? I haven’t been called one of those before
Velthrick chapter 4 . 1/8/2014
This story is actually rather... Interesting so far. It has a very unique feel to it. One where you are introduced to small amounts of things. Enough to catch and hold your attention but not too much to pull you away from everything else. It has a very powerful, grand, and royal mood in it too. I picture most of the characters with this just mighty feel about them. I will admit though that I'm curious to see how exactly both the festival and the trails are going to work. Also, I wonder why so many choose to partake in this dangerous trails. Seems a bit strange. Prehaps there is a reasoning behind this. Please continue writing. You have many questions in the air that would be interesting to see answered.
BeautifullyXFlawed chapter 4 . 1/8/2014
Now i really cant wait for the next chapter, awesome details
BeautifullyXFlawed chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
I really liked this chapter and i love the details in your story
The Falling Angel chapter 4 . 11/27/2013
Nooooo, not a cliffhanger. DX I'm interested to find who these other characters are and what they have in store for their noble captive. I hope you update this soon.
The Falling Angel chapter 3 . 11/27/2013
The vivid language is still great and I can see the entire thing. It's nice to see a bit more into what precisely this world has in it and who the characters are. I notice a few misspellings but overall it seems to be well written so far.
The Falling Angel chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
And this is a truly intricate antagonist. You can tell this person is doing what he feels is right, what he feels must be justice. I can already tell it won't be simple black and white with the sides of good and evil. I love the vivid language and I swear I can almost hear this person speak and see their character in my head. Perhaps you ought to check grammar though. Keep up the good work.
Skittles and Spike chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Aw Snow, ahahaha! I told you I would get to your story and you didn't believe me, granted it did take me awhile because I'm doing a LOT of reading in school lately and between RP's...but the first chapter of Trials of the Witch Hunter and I'm heading into the second, head held high and a grin on my face. This is probably going to become one of those stories I check everyday for updates, you've gotten me with your tiny cliffhanger about the dream.

Is this story set in a universe similar to or in Warhammer 40k? Just curious :P I haven't read the entire lore on 40k but I did read up on certain characters in the lore, haha Anyway I'm going to keep reading, but I do love the way you string your words together, even in RP's, its pretty awesome, keep up the good work brosiff!

And yes, despite what anyone says I do consider you a brosiff
Elaina McKenzie Sharpe chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
I liked this chapter. Once again, you have some great imagery and description, though there are still the same types of mistakes as in the previous. I like the fact that the reader gets to see a little more into the Magistrate here. We don't really know much about it, but I like the fact that we get to learn a little at a time, leaving the reader to wonder about it. And I like the fact that Ezekiel does have moments of doubt, which is completely realistic for sure. A lot of times, the main character will be 100% sure in their choice, so the fact that, every once in a while, Ezekiel wavers slightly is refreshing.
Elaina McKenzie Sharpe chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
This was a good start. I like the fact that you didn't allow the reader to know that the beginning was a dream until Ezekiel had awoken. There were a few typos here and there, but nothing too distracting. Missing some commas where they are needed. You have some parts of very good description and lovely word choice. Some parts, however, seem a little bit choppy. All in all it was a very good start. :)

Hope this doesn't seem too harsh.
BeautifullyXFlawed chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
I'm sorry to say; but this is a awesome chapter two. Wonderful I tell you wonderful.
Altdeleted chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Well snowy, you had a couple of mis spellings.. D: Though this isn't the story for me. Sorry Snowy! I'm sure you'll get plenty of reviews.
BeautifullyXFlawed chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This is an awesome start to this story and I love how much detail you put in it. I can't wait to read the next chapter.