Reviews for This is the People
Phoenix O'Hara chapter 25 . 11/5/2015
I'm really starting to like the Mama: segments. They're all really "sweet" (see what I did there?) in their own way, as well as really eye opening.
Phoenix O'Hara chapter 22 . 10/18/2015
I HATE Sheila. Like, I sort of understand why she did it, but she's a HORRIBLE mother. The ending...Was that a dream, or was it real? Like, did Marilyn actually carve out Sheila's heart?
Phoenix O'Hara chapter 21 . 10/18/2015
That ending just about killed me. In a good way of course. I feel SO BAD for David...
Phoenix O'Hara chapter 18 . 7/5/2015
Wow. This was just...Wow. I like how, even though this is in the future, you don't make it sound super technological, with flying humans and the like. It's sort of scary how this might actually HAPPEN, and you did a REALLY good job of portraying it. The feelings of Sara were amazingly real, like you were actually in someone's mind. Sara HERSELF was amazingly real, and it was like you were writing what she said and thought in a reporters perspective, like she was telling you all of it and you just wrote it down. I absolutely LOVE the plot, and everything else about this story.
~River
Snow and Flame chapter 18 . 7/4/2015
Wow! I really liked this one. I recently wrote an essay on overparenting, so situations like that are actually something I've been thinking about. I found a few of the nuances in this quite interesting - if the kids are getting trained in-facility, they're not spending childhood with the "parents." They probably don't even know the "parents." So they're basically just trophy children. Which says some things about the "parents." Most of which were probably also trophy children created in similar facilities. The thing that bothers me though, is that the kids were upset, even outwardly complaining. If they had truly been raised from birth, would they even have any idea that there were any other options?
Anyway, great job with this piece.
-Lily
Laura Lee Brown chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
Is this really about you?
ilovedystopia chapter 15 . 5/24/2015
:)))))))))))))))))
Sapphire chapter 16 . 4/23/2015
I remember you telling me this story... You are a beautiful writer Raven. Great job!
Phoenix O'Hara chapter 16 . 4/19/2015
I have no words. Literally no words. Except one. Touching. This is one of the most touching things I have ever read. I'm not really the angsty touchy-feely kind of person but this is making me mentally cry. Good job!
River
Phoenix O'Hara chapter 2 . 4/4/2015
This was hilarious! I hope I one day have a conversation like that.
IvorySol chapter 1 . 3/4/2015
I like this one! I Have had a time in my life where I just had to run to God. Recently I have found out what happens when you don't run to God. :/ Life goes gray without Him.
- Tash
SophieBeaLouise chapter 14 . 3/2/2015
I love this! So amazing! You're such a good writer :)
J.M. Black chapter 7 . 2/21/2015
I love this concept of compiling short stories written from so many different perspectives. I can tell how it's grown and affected other's lives. I'm sure you're very proud of this work, as you should be. It's very well written.

Keep writing!
bonefiddle chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
This story is nothing like I've ever read before. It really does change my outlook on life. I know how it feels to not be friends with other girls my age. I only have a few friends and the majority of them are guys.
Snow and Flame chapter 14 . 1/31/2015
I like this one; I think it's the best one so far. You've done an excellent job.
-Lily