Reviews for Bride of Darkness
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
I like this story, but there's another story of yours I am looking for, it was a fae story as well and the King was named Vimur? And he froze the heart of a woman for insulting the woman he loved. That story seems to have disappeared, it was my favorite one of yours, so what happened to it?
herondalechick123 chapter 15 . 8/1/2016
I really love Tiernan and Kyra's dynamic, moreso than he and Arianell's. Though it'd be great if you could make a short story about their lives as well because her memories are so vivid and paint his obsession for her better.
mimo chapter 15 . 6/1/2016
Please update i really really love this story.
Renee Swan chapter 16 . 9/5/2015
Hi! EarthFae!
I'm going to miss you! :'(
I'm sorry that your former friend is a sadistic, vindictive bitch. If she doesn't realize the pain you're going through than it's a good thing you were trying to cut ties with her. You knew that she wasn't really your friend or a good person to be around. That makes you smart and demonstrate good judgement.
I really love your stories. Whenever I had a bad, tiring, or busy day, I would just go on the computer and check what was updated. I was always happy whenever your stories would update. :)
It felt like a story that I needed to read b/c - 1) I REALLY wanted to know what happens next. And 2) I just loved your ideas and concepts and I wanted to see how you would work everything out. From the beginning, middle, and end.
You also made me feel very useful, the way you would respond to my way too long reviews. I'm so happy that you wanted me to keep reviewing your stories like that. I really like to ramble on, but you didn't see it like that. So thanks!
This isn't your fault. I would never blame you for this, and I will patiently await for your return.
I especially loved Cursed Hearts, Bride of Darkness, Vampire Consort and Winter Emperor.
True, there are some M - rated stuff that I didn't like, but it's your story and I will always respect that. I loved how unexpected you would be and how you would tell a story (like the flashbacks to the past in "Bride of Darkness" was my favorite XD). You're an amazing writer and I hope you'll keep developing your talents.
Don't hurt yourself, you know your prioritizes and you know what you can and cannot handle. So you don't need to hurt yourself since you got a lot of other stuff to worry about. I hope you'll feel better.
Let us know when you're back so we can read them again!
I guess this is good bye, and I'm feeling sad, but I hope you'll feel better soon.
Your faithful reader - Renee Swan :)
Renee Swan chapter 15 . 9/5/2015
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, that was so sweet! The way you ended the chapter with family, and the love that's felt for your family even after death (Kinda like Tiernan).
It had such a bittersweet feels to the whole thing. :'(
But life has its ups and downs,
I really wonder how they're going to handle this.
I see their love is so pure, like Tiernan cares for Kyra so much, and Kyra always tries to keep him in line (whenever she can). This is just so sweet.
Her mother is right, with Jonathan, that was just a crush, but with Tiernan, this is love. I'm mean it just makes you want to gush.
I can't wait to see what will happen with Kyra, Tiernan, and Canden.
Thank you for the chapter.
annayh44 chapter 16 . 9/4/2015
Awwww We understand..Can understand such a problem. .But Still I really love both of your stories Vampire Consort & Bride of Darkness. If you ever is ready..please do try to continue again..I'll wait :) And that stupid friend just don't mind about whatever that person say or do. .cause you know you are not like that! Stay Stronger..don't let other to control your life ! Fighting! _
I wish you well chapter 16 . 9/4/2015
I hope all works out for you and you just focus on your life. That is awful what is happening to you and understand the pain of that. I wish you to succeed and to feel better as well. Don't worry about leaving the story unfinished here. Just go on and do you!
romanticgyal chapter 15 . 7/27/2015
its...just wow! reallly...its sooo... idk wat to say...got no words for this... its just amazing... im eager for the next chapter...
annayh44 chapter 15 . 7/26/2015
I cant say how much Dark King is Awesome. . .I just hope Kyra fall in love with him. .can u please please update little faster. . .
Carly Chameleon chapter 15 . 7/25/2015
This chapter was informative, intriguing, and hilarious in turns.

Informative because Tiernan explained lots of cool stuff about the Fae Realm, like how he got so good at picking up cultural customs, and how vampires other than Vladimir are.

Intriguing because Kyra kind of went out of her way to get Tiernan worked up over those boots. Makes me wonder what's going on in her subconscious. Also, it brought up a lot of conflicting and awkward feelings in them both. Feelings that are going to have to be dealt with sooner or later-although, I guess, since they're both immortal now "later" can go on for quite a while.

But I'm rambling off topic. I also liked how Kyra brought up what she saw in the Judgment Room. Was a good reminder of what Tiernan's capable of despite him being on his best behavior while out and about in her presence. He makes no apology for his methods and views, yet at the same time he wants to "shield" her from his darker aspects. It's an interesting conflict since Kyra's obviously not going to just view him through fangirl vision and forget that he's done wrong because he acts kind sometimes.

At the same time, I loved how she said, "I am not defending him. I am only telling the truth." While she's not blind to his faults, she also isn't demonizing him at every turn. She acknowledges he still has some good qualities along with the bad. That makes her complex right along with him.

Think I mentioned this already, but I appreciate the fact that Kyra's family wasn't cut out of the picture. It bugs me sometimes how some romances will just drop the female or male lead's family and friends as soon as their partner enters the picture. Like all of a sudden those other characters don't matter because they found a girl/boyfriend/husband/wife/etc.

Last but not least, the encounter with Vladimir brought a touch of humor into the mix of serious/emotional drama. I love vampires, but I also love poking fun at how popular they've become, and how some writers depict them.

The werewolf joke was excellent. I hope Tiernan convinces Kyra it's safe to visit the vampire realm so we can meet this queen.
annayh44 chapter 14 . 6/22/2015
Oh I am love with this story and King Tiernan. . .He is truly Rules on my Heart! I hope Kyra let him Rule too~~ I am crazy for you Dark King!
S chapter 14 . 6/11/2015
Is this still on going?
SophieBeaLouise chapter 14 . 6/9/2015
Loved this so much! Kind of want her to go to kiss him and then be like what am I doing? And he totally takes it as a sign that her love has returned or something. Your story anyway but great job! :)
Carly Chameleon chapter 14 . 5/10/2015
I really enjoyed this chapter. Your research helped set up the scene and led to a lot of great dialogue between Kyra and Tiernan. It's cool that there's a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville, and the mountains sound beautiful. I also like that Kyra has favorite things about her city and life. In a lot of romance stories, the female and male leads don't really have any interests outside of each other. The way Kyra showed Tiernan around and tried to explain what she meant about the beauty of places makes her a good, three-dimensional character, which in turn adds to the story and relationship.

Tiernan's summary of the Greek gods was amusing (and accurate). The bits about the Norse ones and how they viewed the Marvel movies was also interesting.

The bar scene was great. Kyra's unbidden sympathy is creeping in naturally. Tiernan seems to have scored a small victory. Perhaps this will teach him to give being less forceful a try. Though, of course, he's still got a long way to go before they can have anything resembling a workable relationship. In the meantime, it's interesting to see his less dark facets shining through and how Kyra responds to them. I was also glad to see "Crazy" showed up. But of course, how could a place be called The Patsy Cline and not play the song? I'm excited to see what else the future holds for Kyra and Tiernan-and Canden too.

Oh, and I've always liked Southern accents-and any accents really. At least in the case of English-I don't think my flat, boring Yankee accent carries much charm when I speak other languages, lol.,
Renee Swan chapter 14 . 5/3/2015
I LOVED it!
It was sooooooo romantic! XD
Enough of the fangirling, I'm now gonna go into details:
It was such a cute first date! It was so sweet! The only thing that I have a problem with is the fact that Kyra is so against Tiernan's love for her. Every time she feels sorry for him, she thinks that it's b/c of her "tender heart." Yeah, RIGHT! Seriously, anyone who assumes (and actually says it out loud) that she's tender hearted, isn't really. If anything, she doesn't really sound as humble as her character implies. Also, she sounds very tone - deaf about her feelings. Seriously, her excuses sound so bad :P - I wonder when will she realize that she does love Tiernan and Jonathan was just a crush. I bet she'll be over - whelmed by that thought.
I mean, I know she has a very good reason for it, but she should give Tiernan some credit. He's a monster to everyone else but he is a perfect gentlemen to her (when he's not jealous). AND he does ADMITS his mistakes, he hides some but he never really pathetically make excuses about it. Plus, he probably HAD to learn to be cruel and strict. Kyra doesn't know what he's been through, so how could she every know if it wasn't justified or not? Maybe Tiernan takes things to far, but she's not willing to imagine other perspectives in the matter. His people fear him but he is fair about his decisions (he just want to choose his own wife).
I hope this date will work out for them and nothing messes it up. In most romance I read, the date or first encounter is always fucked up so it takes even longer for the female protagonist to give her demon lover a chance.
I personally hope for an awesome date and a really great memory form the past (like the first time Arianell agreed to sleep with Tiernan XD). I bet that would make Kyra feel SOOOO confused XD. (I love it when she feels conflicted! - I'm so mean :3)
I also loved the way Tiernan talk about the other gods. He actually sounded like an oridinary guy surrounded by his friends who he has issues with, but some of them he actually respects. He honestly seemed more human this way. I figured he would be friends with Hades :D - that is so like him. But seriously, I never thought you would consider the possibility Persephone and Kyra speaking to one another. Will Persephone guide Kyra about her conflicting feelings? (I imagine that Kyra's mother would have a stubborn and biased opinion of Tiernan so, she can't really help her daughter out which is a bit disappointing.)
But enough with me ranting on Kyra, there was some nice qualities that I liked with what she showed us in this chapter. Such as:
- I loved what she did to Tiernan with the Parthenon, I loved the fact that she was teasing him XD. It was like "FINALLY, she's in control where the king can't justify what he's doing since he doesn't have enough evidence. I also loved how she is actually patient with him. She doesn't just give up like "UGHHHH!, FINE! Let's go back to your realm," she wants him to actually find some part of her home enjoyable.
The research was really good. I liked the bartender and the scenario that the bar was in during the daytime. It made the intimacy between those two that much more real. It would be annoying to see other women at the bar trying to seduce Tiernan as if Kyra wasn't there. (Then again, I would LOVE to see Kyra being jealous over that XD).
I love this chapter because they are doing what real couples do: trying to make each other happy at their comfort zones. Kyra was actually TRYING to get Tiernan happy. Like whispering to him to dance with her to the music XD (I bet he was blushing when she wasn't looking :3).
And even if Tiernan hasn't been connected to the mortal realm for a very long time, I love how he can relate to it in some level. Not only that, but he is also admitting that he's learning something from the mortals and is curious again. He's not putting up an act so Kyra would be comfortable around him, he is actually being very genuine and not planning everything out as usual. He's just going with the flow. It's good to see him relax to some extent.
ARE THEY GOING TO HAVE A REAL, CONSENTED, KISS HERE?! omg, I would love that XD.
Aww, so many possibilities, I can't wait to see what happens next.
This was a great chapter, so much character development and chances of character development. I wonder what Canden is doing? Did he ever visit the mortal realm? I hope he doesn't walk in on his parents. Or them him.
I have a question: What is the darkness in Tiernan? I remember, in your previous chapter, that Kyra had a dream of the sweet prince Tiernan, she was confused, and she visited Teleri early in the morning, and she explained about the darkness taking over Tiernan but the only thing holding it back is... his wife and son.
Is the darkness just a force that feeds off his negative emotions and just make it to the extreme? Or does it have a will of its own and is slowly turning Tiernan into its puppet? I really want to know what happened with that darkness. Is it weaker in Kyra's presence? Anyway, I know that it has to do with Kyra (or Arianell).
This was a great chapter; I liked the freshness of it, of a simple date with a magical touch here and there. I liked how they argued but it wasn't as intense as before, it was almost like teasing.
Great Job, "Bride of Darkness" is now my new favorite and it just keeps getting better and better (your timing and planning; everything just feels right :).
It is on a huge roll right now.
Please keep up the good work!
See you soon! ;)