Reviews for The Burden of Being a Writer
Bastard From North chapter 7 . 2/15
Sorry for the late review, took a while to find the correct password :D
Typing classes... I am not even going to start with them :D I was give the choice
to do those but even the sound made me cry inside XD Nicholas... I Wish you all the luck with your typing classes, may the teacher treat you well!
So, not only is Nicholas surrounded by smaller versions of him (Well, different versions I suppose? I kinda imagine them being part of his own brain in a way, difficult to explain :D) but his actual inside/mental voice does exist :D ( Never knew what the inner voice was called XD )
And Nicholas is a bit of a sly dog as well, huh? Good luck with being social with her XD
It is nice to see you active again here, for a moment I was worried that you disappeared :D
Max Sorrell chapter 7 . 1/23
LOL I love the first paragraph. Like typing lessons will just fix every single problem in life. XD
I feel like this chapter came out of frustration from not being able to concentrate on your exams XD
There's a Max... Reference? :o
Apple Max learning to use a computer XD He'd probably get very easily distracted. End up on some website and the teacher is just like wait, I thought I disconnected the internet! XD
Oh my gosh! It's the girl! :O I like how you described it. I really felt Nicholas' excitement :D
Lol! Nicholas hears his own mental voice for a change. That just made me think what if after he hears his own mental voice another Nicholas is created? XD
Or like Nicholas starts having more conflicting feelings involving Charlie. Maybe part of him really wants to try something sort of risky in hopes of making Charlie interested in him, but it goes against his better judgment. so then a second Nicholas is created who is exactly like him but overly flirty around ladies XD Sometimes Nicholas can actually enjoy this guy's company and be like wow this guy isn't half bad then the other Nicholas just starts flirting badly with Suzie and Nicholas just has a moment like oh yeah nevermind this guy is a creep. XD
Poor Charlie and Nicholas in a class with a bunch of younger people. I've been there before. We know Nichloas' story, but what is Charlie's excuse? I'm suspicious! Maybe she has people too :o
Either that or she could just have crazy parents XD
CHARLIE LIKES WRITING! CONFIRMED! MY THEORY IS CONFIRMED!
XD Nicholas' thoughts when he's with his mom. Just play it casual even though you're secretly planning your wedding. I know that feeling too well.
Max Sorrell chapter 6 . 1/23
ooo interesting character :o
Lol! I like the ending. XD Stripes just waking him up like I'm done ignoring you.
Also like the line about imaginary characters being mean to you. XD
Bastard From North chapter 6 . 5/10/2016
Well, it partly worked XD I wonder if they can do anything in the
world itself? As in doing stuff such as moving objects? O.o
I mean how creepy it would be when some random pen starts to write something? :D
Never really had to fight with imaginary friends that I could see and talk with :D
Though it really didn't seem to change anything XD Good luck Nicholas, you might stay sane :D
lunarchroniclesandcockatiels chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
interesting idea
LorrahBear chapter 2 . 5/2/2016
Haha, I was looking forward to hearing the story of the countryside! I do love the last line - simple, yet says so much (and adds an additional amount of humor and futility). I enjoyed this chapter!

Suggestions:
"[By] weird, I mean that no new characters turned up." (changed 'with' to 'by')
"So five years ago [when] I was twelve..." (changed the comma to 'when')
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 4/29/2016
This is a really interesting idea, and I like how you've opened with Captian Stripes. It's clever and endearing at the same time (after all, childhood name giving skills can be lacking in flair. I had a bear named bearbear and a doll named twoandahalf (guess how old I was when I got her)).

There are a few typos scattered throughout, such as "water as [salty] as my tears..."
Ckh chapter 6 . 4/17/2016
I must say that creating Howahkan was quite the idea. Shame that Nickolas never mastered his ability, and would like see how the plot develops from here. The open endedness of this can be a challenge, but I'm sure you are capable of doing it. Good Luck!
Ckh chapter 5 . 4/17/2016
Nickolas is finally abusing his abilities I see. This could get interesting.
Ckh chapter 4 . 4/17/2016
Huh, Nice chapter.

Gotta commend you on the pacing though. The first person voice is generally good, and the humor is decent as well. Mysterious Girl? Well, plot development it seems.
Ckh chapter 3 . 4/17/2016
Huh, there's actually some form of quality improvement in here. I mean, humor stories usually stick to one format and tone, but this...is actually quite good/varied.

The narrator's presence was felt all the way, and the talks were pretty engaging. Good Job. :D
Ckh chapter 2 . 4/17/2016
Ah, reading aloud to the whole class. Can be quite stressful sometimes, and the descriptions are generally on point as well.

I think I have inkling on your concept now :3
Ckh chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
Should I Burden You With The Responsibility Of Reviewing More Stories? Or maybe, this is part of a scheme to review mine. kukuku.

Anyways, nice format you have set for a humour story. Most of the time, its either slice of life or parody, and this fits nicely in the original idea section. You know, the engine that keeps something going if you just tried? Yeah, that.

Could see people buying this, and given a more [serious approach to things], this could become quite the idea for a brilliant story. Unfortunately, Whisper from Lorrah Bear already has a bit of this concept, so urm, scratch that suggestion. Into the bin it goes.
The Okay Writer chapter 1 . 4/16/2016
WOW! I wanted to write a story like this one, but am positive I couldn't have made it like this. I love the descriptive language, the way you captured drawing a face on your finger as a kid was fantastic and extremely believable! I can’t wait to see what other characters join captain stripes’ imaginary crew!

Things to look out for:

It may have been me, but the falling out the bed scene may have had a grammatical error in it, as I got a little confused when he switched from dream to reality. Otherwise the story was very, very, well written! Keep it up!
MariaTJackson chapter 6 . 4/9/2016
Oh my goodness... New favourite story right here, its funny and is exactly how I feel with my own OC but I have never thought of character creating like this before, I can only imagine how crazy it would be if every writer suffered from this problem! I really love this and I can't wait to see where this leads.

~Jaye of MTJ