Reviews for The Burden of Being a Writer
Bastard From North chapter 6 . 5/10
Well, it partly worked XD I wonder if they can do anything in the
world itself? As in doing stuff such as moving objects? O.o
I mean how creepy it would be when some random pen starts to write something? :D
Never really had to fight with imaginary friends that I could see and talk with :D
Though it really didn't seem to change anything XD Good luck Nicholas, you might stay sane :D
lunarchroniclesandcockatiels chapter 1 . 5/7
interesting idea
LorrahBear chapter 2 . 5/2
Haha, I was looking forward to hearing the story of the countryside! I do love the last line - simple, yet says so much (and adds an additional amount of humor and futility). I enjoyed this chapter!

Suggestions:
"[By] weird, I mean that no new characters turned up." (changed 'with' to 'by')
"So five years ago [when] I was twelve..." (changed the comma to 'when')
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 4/29
This is a really interesting idea, and I like how you've opened with Captian Stripes. It's clever and endearing at the same time (after all, childhood name giving skills can be lacking in flair. I had a bear named bearbear and a doll named twoandahalf (guess how old I was when I got her)).

There are a few typos scattered throughout, such as "water as [salty] as my tears..."
Ckh chapter 6 . 4/17
I must say that creating Howahkan was quite the idea. Shame that Nickolas never mastered his ability, and would like see how the plot develops from here. The open endedness of this can be a challenge, but I'm sure you are capable of doing it. Good Luck!
Ckh chapter 5 . 4/17
Nickolas is finally abusing his abilities I see. This could get interesting.
Ckh chapter 4 . 4/17
Huh, Nice chapter.

Gotta commend you on the pacing though. The first person voice is generally good, and the humor is decent as well. Mysterious Girl? Well, plot development it seems.
Ckh chapter 3 . 4/17
Huh, there's actually some form of quality improvement in here. I mean, humor stories usually stick to one format and tone, but this...is actually quite good/varied.

The narrator's presence was felt all the way, and the talks were pretty engaging. Good Job. :D
Ckh chapter 2 . 4/17
Ah, reading aloud to the whole class. Can be quite stressful sometimes, and the descriptions are generally on point as well.

I think I have inkling on your concept now :3
Ckh chapter 1 . 4/17
Should I Burden You With The Responsibility Of Reviewing More Stories? Or maybe, this is part of a scheme to review mine. kukuku.

Anyways, nice format you have set for a humour story. Most of the time, its either slice of life or parody, and this fits nicely in the original idea section. You know, the engine that keeps something going if you just tried? Yeah, that.

Could see people buying this, and given a more [serious approach to things], this could become quite the idea for a brilliant story. Unfortunately, Whisper from Lorrah Bear already has a bit of this concept, so urm, scratch that suggestion. Into the bin it goes.
The Okay Writer chapter 1 . 4/16
WOW! I wanted to write a story like this one, but am positive I couldn't have made it like this. I love the descriptive language, the way you captured drawing a face on your finger as a kid was fantastic and extremely believable! I can’t wait to see what other characters join captain stripes’ imaginary crew!

Things to look out for:

It may have been me, but the falling out the bed scene may have had a grammatical error in it, as I got a little confused when he switched from dream to reality. Otherwise the story was very, very, well written! Keep it up!
MariaTJackson chapter 6 . 4/9
Oh my goodness... New favourite story right here, its funny and is exactly how I feel with my own OC but I have never thought of character creating like this before, I can only imagine how crazy it would be if every writer suffered from this problem! I really love this and I can't wait to see where this leads.

~Jaye of MTJ
Bevy chapter 6 . 2/29
Hilarious story. Nice one please update soon.
phantom130 5 chapter 5 . 11/27/2015
How did I not see this? !
Actually misty I found a video the other day that was really interesting about people that can see people that aren't real o_o it's kind of cool but a bit too out there for me to ever fully embrace. I'll show you the video tomorrow because I think you'll like it. :)
Might give you ideas too
Also I would have laughed out loud if when Nicholas was describing Suzie if he just said stupid XD
Kinola chapter 5 . 10/21/2015
I hope Nicholas doesn't crack and get sent to a mental hospital.