Reviews for Memories of Light
millynnbb chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
I like your word choice in this poem because it made the poem seem symbolic. This poem is also very relateable. I dislike how choppy and short the stanzas are because it's jarring with the rhythm. Overall, this was a great piece. Good job!
Rogue Melody Angel chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Very descriptive and well written, nicely done!
tolerate chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
I find that there is an overuse of comma in the poem and it disrupts the flow rather than bring across what you want to convey. There are some lines that don't necessarily need the comma, like in the first line, the comma in-between 'soul' and 'to' isn't really needed and your stanza would still mean the same without it. Other than that, I do like your way of describing feelings and thoughts, especially lines like "it consumes your soul" and "briefest glimpses of flaming darkness" - it makes us imagine the darkness to be a monster that will eat and burn us, and how it hurts the person. It talks about how darkness can take everything away and eat it up and leave you with just nothing for all of eternity, and I feel stanza three was really good. The feeling it brought about with those words was full of impact. I liked the repetition of 'nothing' in all the last lines - it made the ending better and more complete. Lovely poem.
CountryGal12 chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
[Review for The Review game Forum.]

To start off, I liked how it managed to catch my attention. You managed to describe what light was in perfect detail.

One thing I disliked was that I did get lost easily. I don't know. Poems are harder for me to review, but I'm not saying you did a bad job. Not at all.

So all in all: did I like it? Yes.

Was it worth my time? Yes.

Would I request this in the near future? Absolutely.

[Messy of TRG.]