Reviews for Weekly Essays
Ender McAuthor chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
I love that song too!
For All That Remains chapter 4 . 10/20/2013
If you're having trouble playing a song, isolate the parts that are giving you problems and slow them down. Depending on the song, "slowing it down" can mean anything from a small drop in speed to an agonizingly slow pace (look forward to that when learning to sweep, by the way). Your focus should be on how accurate and clean-sounding you can make the song sound. Once you can get it sounding perfect at a slow speed, begin increasing the tempo by small increments. Playing with a drum machine or a metronome helps, also.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Very interesting. I never realized that trees basically hibernate. put "an" in front of words that start with vowels. ie "an energy source"

I would love if you would read and review my story, "On the Other End of the Phone". I would really like to know if it's a story people enjoy reading. If nothing else, I would like to know where people stop if they decide not to continue reading. I also like to trade reviews so let me know if you want me to review anything.
For All That Remains chapter 2 . 10/10/2013
Your fingers will get stronger as you play.
Also, if you want to play in a band or make your own music, you'll need to learn more than chords. If you can, I'd recommend getting a teacher. I've progressed farther in three years than I ever could have playing alone.
Get at least a basic understanding of music theory, learn some scales, how to arpeggiate chords, and different picking techniques (alternate picking, fingerpicking, sweep picking, etc.). Also, branch out! Don't limit yourself to just one genre. Even guys who play death metal still study jazz, blues, and classical guitar.
Play with a metronome. It will help you with keeping tempo and matching drum patterns. It sounds inconsequential, but trust me when I say that keeping time is one of the most essential things to learn.
Finally, enjoy yourself!